Notes from a remote island

It’s gr!/&;&+??;£+|]¡\¡~|<~~~~~~!//…NO CARRIER.

2 Likes
1 Like

On this island, it’s radio delivered broadband and we have a small receiver attached to the chimney.

We are getting 20.5 Mb (download speed) atm. I watch football/cricket etc. on Sky Go and BT a lot and never have any issues.

Just had a look at the webcam - it does look a tad blowy

That’s pretty fucking impressive, makes our shitty 2Mb line here look bloody awful.

The depth of instrumental skill, within a small population, remains astonishing.

To be fair, the previous time I checked it was 15Mb, but that was sufficiently fast to stream hd without any buffering issues

The number of people that play an instrument to a good standard is remarkable. I guess it’s down to tradition

Are there any trees there?friend who dives the scapa flow was saying the islands round there only have a few tiny ones

Very few. Small wood on mainland and a few copses here and there, but nothing to speak of.

We have a few in our garden

1 Like

Playing music helps breed a healthy population. Perhaps?

Looks a great place.

I see Shetland have a good folk festival in the Spring. Haven’t announced the line up yet but previous years are decent.

I think 6 Music hosted a couple of show from there.

I’m bringing my clubs to the housewarming.

A nice low tee shot with the “breeze” you could probably get it to Norway. :slight_smile:

In the breeze…swing with ease.

1 Like

Have you got Pampas grass in your garden then :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

The Web cam is fantastic - Rural, to the point of feral - so rugged and inspired. I imagine Funzi in particular to be an elixir to the spirit. I’d love to make it over there some day N.B: As dealer scum responsible for a hapless nincompoop (Stronzetto) it goes without saying I would need to ‘feather the nest / purse’ during such an expedition. Selling something portable and desirable to all seems to be key in your remote local. I was going to take this to dragons den but fuck those leaches, I am not sharing even a crumb from my cheapo sauced bun. Smuggled fresh in Stronzettos’s woven merkin, the uniquely budget squidgy pink delights will create a frenzy in Funzie and doubtless spread to the other 33.8 inhabitants of your fair fiefdom like a gentleman’s dose of Vietnamese Rose.

Mr. MWS’s emporium of ‘dogs’ will be announced via a viral marketing campaign starting in the Chapel of Christ the Encompasser

Home delivery will be essential in island domination

Sweet dreams

4 Likes

woven mirkin… (gulp) holy fuck!

Don’t tell your bosses. They’ll be taking orders & before you know it you’ll be hand stitching them.

1 Like

Just reading it has 9 council properties.
Wonder what the waiting list is like?

They are constantly looking to attract new residents. The waiting lists are usually pretty short. Of course, islanders always get to know what is coming up before the council are informed.

Are you interested? :grinning: