Obituaries

Oh bugger, what a shame. Many happy memories of shouting and trying to wind up Mark E at Fall gigs.

Can’t believe it. Shocked.
Northern Legend

1 Like

That’s shit news.

shocked grew up listening to the Fall on John Peel. I used to listen under the bedclothes using an earpiece on my mono transistor radio.

RIP

Never got into them despite several attempts.

Still very sad news.:tired_face:

I’m probably only the person here who habitually mutters little mantras to himself, frequently film quotes or lyrics.

One of my top 3 is “I think you should remember …”

Socking it to the awful Jo Wiley.

3 Likes

Same sentiments here, I’m afraid

This was how I got into Joy Division, The Fall etc. My parents bought me an FM pocket transistor radio. There was no decent FM radio in Ireland, so it was Radio 1 in the evenings, despite the shitty reception.

2 Likes

The mutter has of “fuck off” under his breath as he saunters off is priceless.

Gutted . . . .

Just glad to have seen him live across a few incarnations.

All things considered it’s a miracle he saw 60.

Ditto.

Bollocks!

Ah, for fucks sake. I saw some pictures of him before Christmas and he looked bloody awful so not surprising really, but still sad news.

Radio 6 are doing a good job at the moment-playing songs I’ve not heard for years.
The MIGHTY Fall.

1 Like

Very sad. Another here who didn’t ever really get into The Fall but as others have said, Peel was always playing them, so I know and like some of the early stuff. Amazing man though, huge energy to drive The Fall with such singular purpose through multiple line up changes, wives etc. I read somewhere that there are 80 albums!

He wasn’t short of songs that’s for sure!

Not sure why I’m so shocked when he was a waking advert for A and E.

One off.