Photobucket is shit

Photobucket is becoming a clusterfuck of ads :rage: (has it been taken over by a pet food conglomerate?) Is it possible to export my pics to another hosting platform. Flickr maybe? preferably a free one :neutral_face:

It is indeed shit, although to be fair it has been rough for quite a while now. I find it so resource hungry that I disconnect from it and close the window just as soon as I have finished using it.

VB

It has been shit since they dropped the facility to search by file names a number of years ago.
For a while there was an apologist from PB posting on the Wam until people got fed up with his excuses about why the ā€˜improvementsā€™ were shit.
Most other hosting sites started to charge.
Flickr got into bed with Yahoo, and I lost my log in and access to all my material at the same time.

The problem is that small sites like this end up paying for the bandwidth as images are uploaded rather than linked.

I know it has been crap for quite sometime but it is practically unusable now. I cant even navigate through my library. Its a total PITA.

As far as I know you canā€™t export your images.

I use Flickr for all my hosting - no doubt they wll start charging for that soon or flooding it with adā€™s if you wonā€™t pay a fee.

Looks like you can download the albums

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/201892970-Downloading-Albums

2 Likes

Cheers Kevin :thumbsup:

I used to use PhotoBucket all the time. Over the years, it has become slower and slower, and invaded by more and more ads.
Recently they have introduced a charge if your account is used to access more than a certain amount of data, so even the ā€˜freeā€™ aspect (which was all that kept me using it for some time) has effectively gone.
Flickr is good, and if you have a Google account thereā€™s a good quantity of storage there, too.

Imgur isnt too bad, it doesnā€™t lock up whatever device im using to access it, and importantly for me it is simple to use. Worth having a quick look to see what you think. I also use flickr.

Canā€™t help with exporting from photobucket, will keep an eye on the thread as id like to do that as well.

PBā€™s urge is to funnel users subscribe / pay for ā€˜upgradedā€™ services. I canā€™t remember how much I pay but thereā€™s no ads. Iā€™m still cross they did away with their slide show templates.

just for your info
. it does seem to work

If youā€™re using Google Chrome, go to the three dots on the right side of the screen and click them. A drop down should appear. Hover your mouse over ā€œMore Tools,ā€ and when the next drop down appears, click on extensions. Go to the link towards the bottom that says ā€œGet more extensions.ā€ In the search box, type ā€œPhotobucket Fix,ā€ and hit enter. Click the install button and once itā€™s done, you should be able to see photobucket pictures again.

For FireFox users, click on the three bars on the right side of the screen, then click on add ons. Click search for ā€œphotobucket hotlinkā€ and click install. Same result.

it is still shit.

6 Likes

I tried navigate their website the other day to find some old pics I uploaded, the adverts killed my computer. Photobucket is unusable shit.

4 Likes

Why do people continue to use that useless web site?

yep, you donā€™t need a third party host for here anyway!