Photography (Mostly reposts, no actual original content)

Born.Lived,Died

4 Likes

Like the lichen.

VB

Thjey have aged nicely haven’t they. These 3 headstones are right on the corner next to the pavement so get loads of sunlight.
I’ve walked past them thousands of times and always thought there was great photo lurking there somewhere - this is not it, just a quick snap with a little Canon Ixus.
Maybe a long exposure with my Fuji X100S might work (full moon perhaps) but at night a street lamp casts a shadow of the church notice board over the first stone ruining the shot.:persevere:

Street lamp sorted

3 Likes

Simulate night maybe? Use flash and set to negate ambient light - might work if you isolate the headstones from the church - there is something about them as you say.

Infra-red.

1 Like

Good idea I think you can put a ir filter on the front of the Fuji

Could work too

Quick snap off my phone on my late afternoon run.

4 Likes

One from the bike ride today

6 Likes

Early days for this new technology, but could it be the future?

https://light.co/camera

1 Like

Intredasting. I like the idea of simpleton-easy depth-of-field control - I often bollocks it with conventional cameras, even when conditions are ideal.

I’ve also been to a disturbingly large number of the places in their gallery, so these must be priddy cule guiz :+1:

I was a bit disconcerted when I went to their technical section and it said

… we’re going to break it down for you. In this handbook, we’ll show you how the L16’s innovative technology actually works …

but then it said

Disclaimer: the following articles are not 100% technically accurate, but meant to convey how the technology works in layman’s terms. The actual camera technology is extremely complicated and rather difficult to explain.

However if I’ve got it right they’re essentially using synthetic aperture techniques to combine multiple easy-to-take images not only to improve the resolution, as radio astronomers have been doing for ages, but also to allow image depth manipulation. Depth information is encoded using a wavefront’s phase as well as its amplitude, but single sensors only record amplitude so it’s not possible to reconstruct depth from a sensor’s output. However you can retrieve it computationally if you have at least two images and a computer. The Victorians invented the stereoscope which takes two images and uses a computer (the human brain) to recreate a scene with depth. The more images you have, the better job you can do. It does require some pretty prodigious computing power, but that can be affordable and compact now.

Cool.

VB

1 Like

I remember reading about something similar a few years ago.

https://petapixel.com/2017/01/12/look-lytro-illum-camera-future-failed/

Is this a light field camera? Or something else?

IMG_20180120_112141
My granddaughter, after her football match, last weekend.

15 Likes

Looks like it could be.

Did she win ? You’d hope so, given how much of the pitch she’s taking home with her.

VB

She did, and loved every minute.
Apparently her team are being promoted, largely because of her. They have tried to get her to go to Southampton Youth Academy, but she can’t be bothered.

1 Like

Looked like Basildon bond circling the ‘henge’