Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

Meh. At least the play was decent and enjoyable, despite my misbehaving kids

Wrong thread?

No, I would have been at the Turan otherwise!

1 Like

That’s a bugger then

Ah,so you have become a Harry Potter fan and now you can inflict it on them ! The tide is starting to turn …

VB

Not eating per se but went to a serious butchers just now:

3 Likes

Where?

Lidgates ?

HG Walter in Hammersmith:

2 Likes

Bought three sorts of bacon, some sausages, Stornoway black pudding and a decent sized haggis.

4 Likes

Slow roasted pork shoulder, goosey potatoes and carrots, with stir-fried (in goose fat) cabbage and kale.

Narelle’s gravy was fantastic as usual.

2 Likes

Brining chicken breasts for tonight’s chicken marsala with home made pasta.

2 Likes

Which recipe do you use for that, Andy?

For the marsala?
Can’t remember where I got it but happy to write it up if you like.

2 Likes

That would be great if you don’t mind :+1:

1 Like

I don’t really do measurements but here goes.

2 brined chicken breasts
Punnet of baby chestnut mushrooms
Chicken stock, home made
White wine, dry
Marsala, dry
Chopped parsley

Flatten out the chicken breasts or butterfly them. Season with salt and pepper and lightly dredge in flour, set aside.
Slice mushrooms.
Heat a glugg of oil and knob of butter in a pan large enough to take both chicken breasts.
Fry mushrooms till lightly browned.
Remove mushrooms to a bowl, drop a table spoon of flour in and mix around to coat the mushrooms.
Pan back on heat, more butter if needed. Add chicken breasts to the pan and fry on both sides till golden and cooked through. About 8 minutes per side depending how thick.
Place breasts under tin foil.
Drain excess oil from pan and put back on heat.
De-glaze pan with a splash of white wine, when nearly evaporated add a few good gluggs of marsala and reduce by half.
Now add a ladle of chicken stock and throw in the floured mushroom. Stir to get the flour mixed in.
Add a bit more stock and simmer to reduce by half.
Season to taste, add a generous pinch of chopped parsley and stir in a knob of butter.
You can put the chicken in the pan with sauce if it needs heating up.

We serve with pasta more often than not but it’s good with sauteed spuds too and some roasted Mediterranean veg.
Sauces works nicely with veal but I go for a 50/50 chicken and beef stock.

4 Likes

Thank you. I’ll try that :+1:

1 Like

Me too#

1 Like

A nice little touch is to fry some chopped up parma ham with the mushrooms. Just adds a little more depth to the final dish.

3 Likes

Having a really rather decent Turkish meal with my sister at Ottoman in Hammersmith

12 Likes