Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

Brown “stovetop” muffins (don’t worry, these are basicaly bread rolls - we haven’t won the Euromillions), stuffed with Stornoway black pud and smoked back from Hargraves up the road :+1:

2 Likes

More addictive than even Lindor or Pepperami.

5 Likes

White chocolate is Satan’s ejaculate :face_vomiting:

A neighbour just dropped around a Simnel Cake. It was obviously for Narelle as I hate marzipan :unamused:

1 Like

14 hours roasted lamb shoulder was epic ! Served with goose fat spuds and carrots, charred sweet corn (BBQ’d and cut off the cob) and petit pois. With yet another of Narelle’s fantastic gravies.

3 Likes

We’ve got the family round for lunch tomorrow and that’s going to be shoulder of lamb. But not quite this up-market I reckon.

VB

Ours was massive from Calnans for £30. Terrific quality and will provide loads of meals for the freezer.

Ours is a Calnan’s one too, picked up this morning. £28 plus pennies. But we’ll be 6 and my lot are big eaters.

VB

1 Like

Slow roasting a lamb shoulder for dinner

Started off intending to do this recipe, but couldn’t get shoulder on the bone so have combined with this one

Basically, doing the first recipe but unrolled the shoulder, seasoned and added anchovies, lots of garlic and some pomegranate molasses

Another holiday, another gammon. This one crazily cheap from Lidl, I think they were knocking them out at two for a tenner. This one had a glaze of honey, mustard, demerara, apple juice and star anise.

4 Likes

Not of fan of Gammon,but that looks lovely

I’ve had a couple of those Lidl gammons previously. They’ve been really good & ridiculous value.

Amazing value. Nothing wrong with the quality either, it was delicious.

I can concur but the Aldi version I found had less salt and more porkiness :+1:

There is an Aldi opening in Ashford apparently, I shall try their stuff asap.

1 Like

Yay !! :grinning:

8 hours in the oven this lamb better be good

1/3 of the leftover lamb and all of the veg, all fried up with the gravy for today…

2 Likes

Slow cooked herby Lamb and veg stew with parsley suet dumplings

1 Like

First attemp at Marry Berry’s white chocolate mousse.

8 Likes