Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

tonight; beef and pork meatloaf, roasted root veg and sprouts.

Goat curry and rice at St Nick’s market in Bristol. Delicious Indian food to warm me up on a cold day of Christmas shopping. Meat cooked on the bone, so the sauce was extra tasty.

1 Like

The ox cheeks are on their 5 hour braise in wine, port, beef stock and diced veg (shallot, carrot, celery and garlic), leftover diced bacon and left over pork mince.

Canapes only today. Xmas soiree doncha know…

Slow roasted shoulder of lamb. Goose fat roast spuds, roast carrots parsnips and sweet potatoes, brocolli, cauliflower and cabbage. Minted gravy cooked by yours truly using roasted lamb bones. Should be ready in about 20 minutes…:drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

4 Likes

The Ox cheeks had 5.5 hours, and were meltingly tender, served with a gravy made from the cooking liquids and veg. Had a 3 root veg mash with it and springs greens with garlic and chilli

6 Likes

First turkey dinner of the year yesterday. Bloody lovely. Not so sure about the bread sauce. Could have happily lived without that.

Does anyone like bread sauce? I fucking love it, but I don’t know many people who do.

I also love it.

1 Like

we too love it

1 Like

yes but does need cloves in it.

its not bread sauce without the cloves

1 Like

100% agreed. I usually stud a couple of onions in them and simmer them in the milk for a fair while.

I like 50/50 black and white pepper in there too :+1:

1 Like

Bread sauce rocks. I think we are going for a rib of beef this year though, so the bread sauce will have to wait. Yorkshires and gravy :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

3 Likes

And done,keep a look out for my festive one next week :+1:

7 Likes

A true masterpiece Stu, have you considered Masterchief? :thinking:

1 Like

Didn’t he go evil in one of the latest games?:nerd_face:

I bet you can afford Scalford muffins, too…

1 Like

Masterthief I saw that in the Louvre last year