Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

Stilton, grilled on toasted crumpets. Lovely.

2 Likes

Nice, hipster crisps. I am led to believe each crisp is hand fried in its own individual mini deep fat frier

but I reckon they should have been braver and made Stilton and Port flavour

2 Likes

a lovely aged Cote de Boeuf, seared to form a crust and then roasted off in the oven and served rare. Sweet potato mash on the side with sauted mushrooms, and a red wine & shallot sauce

oh and we also had some home made horse raddish sauce

Home made pizza. Did the dough in the bread maker this time. It came out fantastic - best we’ve ever done.

7 Likes

That was the only use we had for our bread maker in the end. Took up too much space so we ditched it

1 Like

Fuckin hell Jim, you’ve upped the ante now. :+1:

1 Like

Foie gras

3 Likes

New Year’s dinner - roast pork, crackling, pigs in blankets, roasties, stuffing, veggies, and of course Yorkshires!

2 Likes

I try not to be sanctimonious - I’m hardly a veggie - but are you aware of how exceedingly cruel and inhuman the production process for that stuff is?

good and it is fucking delicious, and we had a rather nice portion served with a partridge last night.

I am aware, and still chose to eat it because I’m a cunt

3 Likes

I don’t eat fois gras, because of the cruelty side, but I do think that geese are massive cunts that probably deserve it.

1 Like

Big slab of pork, with onion and scrumpy to make a gravy. Eta 19.45

7 Likes

I cheerfully eat geese - they are cunts, very tasty little cunts. Just don’t feel it’s in any way necessary to torture them for months on end before I do so.

Fish in red garlic sauce with green rice, both from Margarita Carronte Mexico- with some salsa left over from last nights fajitas

What is red garlic

Beef and pork ragu with linguine.

It’s a garlic sauce that is also red I’m afraid…not a new exciting ingredient :stuck_out_tongue:

Supposed to be done with pasillas but I only had one pasilla left so substituted with guajillos

1 Like

3 Likes

35% off in Wales

https://www.flickr.com/gp/benbolton/NCCTLr

1 Like