Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

The last piece of Lou’s lovely chocolate cake

5 Likes

Your first piece was the other nine tenths of the cake wasn’t it?

4 Likes

Kangaroo steak.

3 Likes

“Meatopia is a call to arms for all you judicious lovers of meat, a clarion toot to the perfectionists amongst you who demand the best in taste and provenance. So, pick up your forks, sharpen your knives and ask not what you can do for Meatopia but what Meatopia can do for you.”

https://www.meatopia.co.uk/gallery/

Seems appropriate

not until Sept though :disappointed:

2 Likes

I don’t think I could.

Looks good. For a while there I even thought I’d get through their Manifesto without seeing the word Artisan but it was not to be.

In the meantime we have Munich to look forward to.

Today was homemade prawn & cucumber rice (glass) wraps. Then Thai Green Curry, Larp Gai, black sticky rice, with Chinese cabbage salad.

3 Likes

lunch was spicy prawn pitta pockets with salad

Removed mini rendang. Not enough port Fat in it to justify posting

You’ve put this in the wrong thread Andy - we don’t count calories in this one :weary:

1 Like

Thats a good point this thread is about enjoyment, i will remove it- It doesn’t look a lot does it?

1 Like

sounds good. recipe?

made up and to taste

but I fry up some onion, garlic until soft, and some finely chopped chilli. Add some finely chopped tomato, and cook until it just starts to breakdown (you still want some chunks) . You are looking for a texture a bit like salsa… but you don’t want to swamp the prawns, you just need the ‘sauce’ to cling to the prawns…I mostly do this by eye. If the toms are not very ripe a squeeze of tomato purée can help…

Add some raw prawns, and a squeeze of lime, season to taste and spoon into split warmed pita with some salad - we like cucumber, lettuce and spring onion…

from memory I think today we used one medium onion, two large vine ripened toms, 300g raw peeled prawns, one clove of garlic and one green chill - seeds in

Today…

Polenta coated chicken. Cooked in the oven.

Scotch eggs. Centre a bit firm but the spicing of the sausage meat made them gert lush.

5 Likes

KFC? :mask:

Much crunchier. Polenta is crunchier than bread crumbs

Stollen bread and Nespresso… lol… :heart_eyes:

Why didn’t you pay for it?

Boom tish!