Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

When yer da’s high-fiving himself on the internet.

4 Likes

As the weather was forecast to be cold, I felt like summat hearty for lunch today. So we put on a beef (shin) stew last night (14 hours in the oven), added some olives an hour before serving and accompanied by mash and string beans.

Herbage can vary according to the Mediterranean region of choice. This was Greek based, so loads of Oregano and Thyme.

Rich, beefy, unctuous and, with the briny addition of the olives, well balanced.

7 Likes

About to be roast chicken , with a slaw with home made mayo and a olive parsley focaccia just out of the oven

5 Likes

The dish that has become our Saturday night staple, fish in red garlic sauce but with tomatillo rice and with an extra cascabel, roast tomatillo garlic and tomato salsa

1 Like

Spaghetti squash and black bean tacos. Followed by creme Catalan with almond croquant and home made raspberry jam. Pics to follow.

Needs cauliflower.

4 Likes

So did the desert!

After you gorged yourself on all of that, did you go down the chippy for something to eat?

5 Likes

Just the usual cheeseboard :wink:

Has your family expressed any concern that you are regularly photographing your dinner and posting it on the internet. Or are these furtive snaps taken while they are out of the room?

Given it took my wife a few hours to cook the meal she tells me to take pics and post them. She’s proud of her cooking and rightly so.

I do all the cleaning but she does put more hours in than me. There’s enough left over for another main and desert. The freezer is well stocked as a result.

1 Like

All these cooking programmes on TV are to blame.

1 Like

At least he hasn’t got an entire category about his dinner…:laughing:

1 Like

I voted no to the new category. It’s a HiFi forum ffs.

Is it? I must have missed that.

4 Likes

Really, I know nothing about hifi :thinking:

That’s news to everyone here.

https://i.imgur.com/3QA5vE5.gif

5 Likes

That’s how they reel you in. :clown_face:

Are you sure? I thought it was all about @Wayward’s manbag thread, but that got deleted in the fire…

1 Like