Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

French toast, made with sourdough and with gorgon zola melted on top :thumbsup:

Is that from the one at the top of Leytonstone High Road Jim?

No Ritchie, it was Elephant Royale at Gants Hill roundabout…

Ah ok, don’t know that one. Any good? Love Thai food…

It’s ok, but a bit expensive - the one at you mentioned at Leytonstone is much cheaper and just as nice.

Family round so made them eat a variety of Persian style dishes I whipped up (well 2 hours of chopping stuff up):

Avacado and pomegranate quinoa, chick pea salad with harrisa dressing, haloumi with roast sweet potato and beetroot, lemon roasted vegetables with smoked mozzarella, various dips made from yoghurt, zatar and sumac and pomegranate molasses. Flatbreads slathered in garlic. Various olives and other shit.

Overall no fucking way that lot was less than a thousand calories each!

There used to be another at the bottom of Leyton High Road which was about the best around and cheap as chips but sadly it went under probably ten years ago. I used to go a lot to the one in Leytonstone which was great. The closest to us here is in Rye and is total shit! You have an embarrassment of riches round your way for places to eat, which is the one thing I miss since moving away.

Is the one in Rye just around the corner from the Railway Station? If so, I had a legendarily horrible meal there on the way to an ATP festival just before Xmas about five years ago. ‘It can’t get worse any than this’ was the very incorrect view as we boarded the bus for the holiday camp at Camber Sands, which was like being in a gulag with brilliant music, especially given how cold it was…

Everywhere is around the corner from the station in Rye, it is that small. :grin: Pretty sure there is just the one in the town. We were really quite poor at the time with 2 very young kids which Kerri especially needed to get away from for a couple of hours. by the time we had a cab there and back, paid for the meal and the babysitter it turned into a very expensive evening and the food was indescribably bad. :disappointed:

1 Like

Yep, that sounds like the place. I recall getting into Rye at about 11:30, going to quite a nice Pub and having a very booze-filled afternoon where the Landlord was clearly flummoxed by the hoards of punters having 5 or 6 pints of lunch. Sadly, the Thai was terrible and had a lingering and very comedic effect on one of our chalet-mates, who was audible in the chalet next door to everybody’s amusement. She was mortified…:poop::smiley::poop::smiley::poop:

Just incase any of you want to try this at home

3 Likes

I doubt many of us could manage the presentation that you execute with such skill - that takes many hours of practice I imagine.

can you remind us of the serving suggestion, I forget.

3 Likes

I almost spat my soup over my keyboard

Where’s the toms?

My rather brown soup was very tasty despite appearances (“is that a bag of poo?” the kids both asked)

No cherry tomatoes ?

Getting the shakes :smile:

Edit - I see Jim beat me to it.

Is this some sort of bizarre diet or do you just hate yourself at the moment?

Just quick and cheap.
Never have enough hours in the day at work.

1 Like