Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

Do be careful when cooking the rice,I know I make it look easy but it takes years of experience,quality food like that doesn’t just “happen”

4 Likes

The first BBQ of the season. 2 hours of deep cleaning then fired up. I now feel complete.

Steak, fried potatoes and onions all on the griddle. Accompanied by Asian slaw.

OK, I still need to sort the BBQ area but I have a cunning plan. I have a local tradey who is going help me build a covered area so that I can utilise the Weber and pizza oven all year round.

WTF is Edward VII doing at your house?

8 Likes

Bastard cooks a mean steak :+1:

1 Like

Yea, thanks for the invite :confounded:

2 Likes

Short notice. Oi ! Aren’t you tearing around threatening to be an organ donor or summat ?

Been n done, again tomorrow.

Just browning some cow bones to make gravy for this evenings roast

1 Like

I hate to rep you, but there, I’ve bastard gone and done it.

And you owe me a new shirt !!!

1 Like

Hmmm it’s looking like the only veg I will have eaten all day will be chilli’s

Sometimes that all you need

2 Likes

not even fresh chilli. dried and fermented

red as fuck

That looks like spring onion at least in there!

Fair point

I reckon you could do a good vegan version of this with shitake mushrooms

http://www.chinasichuanfood.com/mapo-tofu-recipe/

Needs good chilli bean paste. I use this http://m.souschef.co.uk/szechuan-sichuan-chilli-bean-paste.html

Japanese/Chinese takeaway, a mixed banquet, Sushi, panko prawns, some very good spring roll type things, all kinds of stuff. Surprisingly good, from a takeaway I’d always suspected was a money laundering operation…

No fucking tofu in sight, fermented or otherwise. :stuck_out_tongue:

Forgot how pungent wasabi is, like mustard on steroids… :sob:

1 Like

I’ll check it out anyway but I hate mushrooms. Unless it psilocybe mushrooms and even then I would make a brew!

1 Like

Meant to be doing beef rendang tomoz, but can’t for the life of me think where I’m going to get galangal, tamarind pulp and kaffir lime leaves in Wigan on a Sunday… :thinking:

Ask @NAM, his wife just ‘Orders’ stuff. I’m sure he could get it delivered for you :wink:

Hey, if she can get Uncle Bens, she can get anything :+1:

2 Likes

Proper lasagne made with a 12 hour ragu. Served with garlic bread and a simple lettuce, cucumber and spring onion salad.

1 Like

Got everything for the Redang except the kaffir lime leaves, so just used a lime instead.

Cooking away, smells great. Was a lot of pissing about though, grating coconut ffs.

some proper Toulouse sausage, smoked bacon…puy lentils red wine…

2 Likes