Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

Ah, the B side to Dr Feelgood’s second single

Great times!

4 Likes

Spread prepared by Flo & Al for their Mum.

12 Likes

It’s all about the pizzas actually.

I can’t wait for my kids to grow up :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Save me a meringue and a vanilla slice please, Jim.

1 Like

I didn’t get a look in mate - the three of them scoffed the lot! :joy:

1 Like

My kids managed to not be total dicks for most of the day but I reckon it was just coincidence

2 Likes

Mine are 6 and 8, and good as gold…

Just finished a roast pork dinner. next it will be Lou’s bread ‘n’ butter pudding

9 Likes

I lurve bread & butter pudding. Unfortunately, Narelle hates what she calls “soggy bread shit”. The only time I get to have it is in my local pub :pensive:

She has a point.

Sure she didn’t say she hates you playing soggy biscuit?

1 Like

She turns a blind eye to my self indulgences.

Made a beef rendang yesterday for mothers day, took it over today and added some diced sweet potato and cooked for another 30 mins and served with turmeric and coriander rice. Made enough for 8 people and 5 of us scoffed the lot.

2x large onions
4x sticks of lemongrass
1 inch piece of galangal
4 inch piece of ginger
tblspn of turmeric
5x cloves of garlic
1x cinamon stick
teaspn of ground cloves
teaspn of palm sugar
tblspn of fish sauce
teaspn of smoked chillies
teaspn of paprika
1x tbspn tamarind paste
6x kafir lime leaves
6x cardoman pods
juice of 3x limes
2x tins of coconut milk
2x tblspns of dessicated coconut
2 kg of diced beef
500g shin of beef
2x large sweet potatoes

Took about 4.5 hours to cook all together.

3 Likes

sounds great. no pics?

nope, didn’t think about taking pics.

Definitely making again though, it’s a bastardised recipe from the BBC and another website.

For me I’d add more chillies but my mum doesn’t like spicy food so had to be tame.

Topped off a day of gluttony with a takeaway curry :thumbsup:

Actually chose something relatively healthy for lunch but finished off what wife and kids left of theirs and half of wife’s cake on top of my own.

1 Like

I bought a bottle of Fish sauce the other day to use in my first attempt at a Thai green curry. God it honks as you use it although fortunately that was lost amongst the other flavours.

Yep, I use red boat which I think tastes and smells foul but does make a difference in thai curry.

Good palm sugar is another one to try, don’t get any that have been diluted/mixed with cane sugar though. It has a nice caramel taste.

2 Likes

The other item that appears in a lot of these recipes is Shrimp paste although I haven’t found any yet.

I’m assuming they don’t mean that awful Shippams stuff we used to get in sandwiches about 50 years ago.

1 Like