Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

Try the toe of camel, I believe it is excellent and is superb with a lightly chilled Chateau Growler, preferably the '69.

:unamused:

Sorry…

8 Likes

Drinking from the furry cup?

2 Likes

Joking (?) aside, it does look like my kinda place…

The food is very good (we’ve eaten there a few times) but is has become very touristy, so we ate on the outskirts of the market…clams, squid, octopus, shrimp, cockles with a bottle of Verdjego €40.

We been eating and drinking all day. Tonight one of my favourite seafood restaurants Passadis del Pep…

3 Likes

More a case of what have you eaten yesterday - all at Passadis del Pep

Clams and sea snails

Cray fish with onions

Hake

I missed photos of the shrimps, baby red mullet, baby squid, squid ink and rice, jumbo prawns la plancha and a dessert of creme Catalan… …

The end

2 Likes

Is El Quim a Tapas bar or a full on/sit down restaurant?

The former, we use it for lunch or a quick refueling stop for a bottle of something and a bite.

I should add that it is in the centre of the Bocqueria market, so it is only open when the market is open.

1 Like

It’s a full on sit down on face restaurant

6 Likes

Fish Pie today. White sauce made with mozzerella and mash made with mozz and Parmesan.

Proper lush.

I just had a whole box of raspberries, with meringue, cream and ice cream. Shan’t be moving for a while now.

6 Likes

Sausage, pepper, mushroom, tomato and gnocchi one pan special with garlic and herbs.

Sausage? With meat? :scream:

No silly.

Wasn’t actually a freakin sausage then was it?!

5 Likes

It’s a shame for pigs, they’re lovely intelligent creatures, a lot like dogs but more intelligent. Their biggest problem is that they taste nice!

4 Likes

Not sure that pigs as we know them would exist at all if it wasn’t for bacon. They should be bloody grateful.

1 Like

Long pig.

1 Like

I imagine that it would taste magical

I did consider a placenta fry-up. Seemed a waste of good protein.

Wife said no.

I suggested it too, both Claire and the Midwife looked at me as if I was a potential Hannibal Lector.

I understand it’s rather nice.

1 Like