Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

:thumbsup:

Have you got a link to the recipe?

Yep - Here is the one we use

4 Likes

I use the Rick Stein recipe from his far eastern odyssey book

http://www.lovelylydia.co.uk/#/beef-rendang-curry/4587362930

Looks lovely

tastes lovely - we’ve just added the ingredients to our Ocado shop so I can cook one on Saturday…

It’s good but it’s not Uncle Ben’s :smiley:

1 Like

Nice try but the plate is way too clean for work. That’s obviously Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s handy work :smile:

1 Like

Last night a BBQ, mostly in the dark - Royal barbecued pork loin.
I just love cooking outside - Often I can be seen BBQing with a head torch.

3 Likes

Is it meant to look like a snip from the Bristol stool chart?

3 Likes

Ideally no, but it’s a struggle with anything brown not to.
Would you say type 2 with a bit of type 6 on top?

I’d say a touch of colitis.

beef rendang tonight… made with brisket

My Iranian friend in Calgary would bbq every single meal all year round. Even in -30oC he’d be out on the balcony grilling some meat for his dinner.

60 mile loop on the singlespeed so I feel justified in having a second cafe stop. Quality sausage roll, a mince pie and a couple of flat whites. Apple pie and a coffee at the first stop earlier :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Cooking is good but does not approach the feeling you get parting off a good lump of steel on lathe

Yes,wish i’d learnt to use the one at school

At the Christmas market in Manchester. Soooo…
Mandatory foot long Krakauer sausage, free samples of cheese, salamis, biltong, olives, pretzels, nuts, chilli sauces, churros, waffles etc etc from every stall I can. Free mini meals from a Wagamama trolley, some truly awesome free mezze from a Lebanese restaurant. Absolutely stuffed, and I’ve only spent a fiver.

3 Likes

hand cutting a thread on a lathe always got me excited…

1 Like

hmmm, unexpected parental visitation this afternoon, meant it didn’t get on until late… me thinks we’ll be eating this tomorrow, and tomorrows fish pie tonight…