Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

The ones on the right look good but less sure about the purple ones.

1 Like

It’s the led lighting on the fishtank :smile:

how d’you get sausage rolls to cook in a fish tank?

1 Like

2 Likes

Sorry for crashing this thread.

Could any of you London chaps recommend a good steak and chip type resturaunt in the west end. Nothing poncy or trendy, just good honest food, although can’t have chips with skin on or Anne will have a meltdown. :slight_smile:

Blacklock on great windmill st W1

1 Like

I love a really good steak, but I don’t know what you mean by poncy. IME you won’t get anywhere near a decent aged steak if you don’t do trendy and a bit expensive - as it is these places that know how to treat decent meat and to cook it.

you can get a decentish steak at Gaucho (branches all over London). The Guinea Grill in Mayfair is pretty good, but Hawksmore is one of my favourites. The very best I have had is the 38 day aged sirloin from Corrigan’s also in Mayfair (but beware its not always on the menu)

I fear though all the places I recommend are likely to be in the categories you don’t want to eat at.

actually thinking again try here http://www.chophouse-restaurant.co.uk/ a bit out the way at tower bridge, but they understand meat cookery

That menu look tasty!

I have had really nice roasts at Blacklock, but I don’t rate their steaks - last time we went a few months ago, the chef couldn’t do rare, I sent mine back twice…

As I have been a veggie for 35 years I am no steak expert but my wife’s yank boss loves it there and every time he’s in London insists on taking us there. Plus I was trying to think of somewhere not too poncey which is becoming increasingly difficult in the west end :grinning:

you are certainly right about that, but there is two kinds of poncy, the kind that deserves it because they are genuinely good, and the kind that has pretences but is rubbish…

1 Like

Sorry guys I should have been a bit clearer - I meant places that are all style over substance.

Some good reccos thank you. :+1:

Thanks they all look superb. :+1:

I had a healthy lunch- frittata packed with veg and some salad. Then ate half a chocolate orange.

1 Like

will be making a nice home made minestrone later

Back to work, so it’s leftover Cottage Pie.

The Aberdeen steak house could never be accused of style over substance

1 Like

It looks like it will be the Hawksmore so thanks for the heads-up mate :+1:

nice one - hope you enjoy, we’ve never had a bad meal there

1 Like

Lou’s pork sausage rolls

9 Likes