Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

Turan! :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Looks a fine way to spend the afternoon & celebrate Pete not killing himself with lightning/ozone :+1:

2 Likes

Brainzzzz! :brain:

2 Likes

I love that you have had to leave your seat to get the entire meal in frame. :rofl:

3 Likes

Pete ordered :wink:
Itā€™s now a take away! :grinning:

2 Likes

I might have over done it a touchā€¦ :blush:

4 Likes

Admirable restraint on the carb intake Jim :+1:

I see Jim has his popcorn chicken again :grinning:

2 Likes

Jim now has another complete meal for tomorrow! (Yes, we ordered way too much)

1 Like

Next time could you post me a doggy bag?

2 Likes

after the experience we had when we went with our neighbour 2 weeks ago, I wouldnā€™t bother asking. Shame as its only 10 mins walk from home.

What happened? It was brill when I went.

Yes - not a single grain of rice was consumed :+1:

Just about every other fecking thing on the menu was though :laughing:

2 Likes

Terrible service (not the first time), cold food, and as my neighbour pointed out literally every dish tasted the same, and looked as if they had been cooked in the same sauce. They were all dishes from different parts of the menu so should have been very different. About the only thing got right was the chilli Paneer.

I have gone from liking the Turan and hating the Taste of India (which my mate owns and is 15 mins walk in the opposite direction in Old Hatfield) and to liking the Taste of India and not liking the Turan. . We had a fantastic meal in the Taste of India

Leftovers from yesterdayā€™s takeaway from http://sharmilee.co.uk/ yesterday. Offset this morning with black puddingā€¦

Itā€™s a good few months since I was there, but Iā€™ve never had a bad meal, or bad service, at the Turan.

In my extensive experience, Iā€™ve found customer service is all about perceptions.
And it works both ways.

Never had a bad meal, or indeed dish in The Turan. The food is modern without seeming contrived and the service is just fine - I have only been in one or two other subcontinental eateries where women wait the tablesā€¦

Iā€™m looking forwards to my next visit and judging by the pics above it hasnā€™t changed much. I wish we had somewhere around here as good!

1 Like

This is about the third time Iā€™ve had only what I can describe as Fawlty Towers service there - incorrect writing of the orders, dishes spilt on the table and down Louise, starters coming after mains, slow service, when we had a delivery from them it took nearly 2 hours despite being quoted less than an hour etc etcā€¦ the food isnā€™t bad, just a bit samey
and better elsewhere.

that is very true in my very extensive experience to dealing with people who are effectively customers - Louise and I are very tolerant of service levels, and understand fully the pressures the staff are under, and the level of experience they have (especially locally as most are my students). Most of our friends and some relatives work or own bars or restaurants - we know what our perceptions and expectations should be.

We are good customers, and we adjust our expectations dependent on the type of place providing the service. We understand the Turan, is a certain kind of place and we know what level of service to expectā€¦ this really isnā€™t about expectations - this is about poor service and frequent mistakesā€¦

cooked 10 individual portions of cottage pies today, We just had the two largest for dinner, the rest will be frozen for lunches