Pork scratchings

Hmm, Porsche can obviously detect that I am too poor to buy one of their offerings new, and tell me that your car doesn’t exist.

They must be sheltering me from feeling envious. What a considerate company, so rare in the pantheon of hydrocarbon guzzling, environment destroying multinational auto behemoths.

1 Like

I’ll take a couple on Friday

1 Like

Err, thought you regretted choosing white for a previous motor?
It was the cats’ choice wasn’t it…

I do Steve…it is a pig to keep clean and looking nice…but so is black which also has the disadvantage of showing every minor chip and scuff… The alternative are

Agate grey (too much like John Major - although this is my favourite after black/white),
Volcano Grey (looks the same as black but more expensive),
Silver (boring like a BMW),
Platinum (horrid bling almost gold),
Mahogany (brown :-1:)
Saphire Blue (bright blue bling)
Night Blue (navy - but you still have to have black trim which doesn’t go IMO)
and Red (never in a family of Spurs supporters)…

the range of colours is distinctly meh… compared to the Boxster for example…

So we are back at black or white…for the moment white is winning - I see a white Macan on my drive to work every morning and it does look nice…although black looks meaner…

You don’t want to be messing around with all these metallic shades or worrying about whether the dirt is showing.

So much for progress. They never had these problems 45 years ago. What you need is a nice beige.

Feel free to print off this image, take it down to the showroom & make it clear that this is what you want. Don’t take any nonsense from them.

8 Likes

I hate to admit it but my first car was a Marina that colour…oh how things have changed…

Whatsername’s porker in The Bridge is that colour!

Indeed. In pursuit of some contrived notion of cool, they’ve moved to anthracite, graphite, platinum & various other shades of bland. It doesn’t make your car look cool, we won’t mistake you for some high flying euro exec. We’ll just think of you as yet another characterless sheep. Go beige. You know it makes sense.

My next Ferrari will be Beige, preferably hand painted with a brush.

2 Likes

I have some magnolia matt emulsion if anyone wants there car done,also some white eggshell for the bumpers.£1,000 all in

1 Like

VW Camper van owners form an orderly queue.

1 Like

Are you willing to throw in a couple of tasteful doodles made with a marker pen for that price?

http://s.petrolicious.com/2013/your-car/ferrari-dino/ferrari-dino-7.jpg?h=320

1 Like

I like that! :blush:

Sadly not,happy to paint the interior for another £500,also do a nice line in dado rails for the doors,but not cheap.just put some woodchip wallpaper on some blokes jag roof,looks good

1 Like

I’d prefer some Artex on the dashboard…

Oh yeah, make sure it’s the type with Asbestos in :thumbsup:

Sounds weird

We had a Maxi 2 in that colour. With the vinyl roof. :heart_eyes:

My V***o is grey and yes,it’s bland as a bastard.
However I can usually leave it to the next service before it’s washed. :grinning:

that is exactly what is attracting me to grey