Pubs/Grub in York

Going to be in York for a few days - Thursday/Saturday night taken care of, but Friday - we are looking for a nice pub for decent beer and food. Given my knackered ankle I would prefer a short walk from the Grand Hotel…

I’ve been to Brigantes, 114 Micklegate, York YO1 6JX on a number of occasions. Plenty of good real ales, various gins and whiskeys and decent pub food.

My son used to work there so I will check tonight whether it’s still as good as I heard they had got new chef / management recently.

It’s 0.4 miles from the Grand.

thanks - looks like it will be great.

Just spoke to Jack. The chef is really good - still the old one, the beer is still real ale but maybe not as adventurous (more mainstream) as before and the gin has a very good selection. All of his mates have left (it’s a student thing, they graduated) so he has no idea of service.

Fingers crossed you have a good night.

1 Like

thanks Mick, that is brilliant.

We made it to Brigantes - decent range of beer, and managed to nab a table for food

@mickbald very nice food (i had corned beef hash, and Louise; fish and chips) great range of beer as well. Spot on recommendation…thanks

Oh and the service is great

Thank fuck for that or my career as a restaurant reviewer died early :star_struck:

Glad you enjoyed it, I’ll pass it on to Jack.

1 Like