Royal Wedding Thread

I never knew he was such a fan of the royal family. Perhaps he has been invited to the garden party afterwards, and is, as we speak, travelling down with a van load of home brew to toast the royal couple…

Either that or he organised a tribute stag night last night and is still getting over it.

VB

Terry’s alcoholic ginga brew is very good.

1 Like

I’m in the doghouse cos I farted just as they were taking their vows. :laughing:

I’m a disgusting pig apparently…:roll_eyes:

12 Likes

Not news.

4 Likes

Fuck off you :unamused:

I have managed to avoid the shenanigans by continuing to find work to do elsewhere.
I got into to serious issues by referring to the groom as Harry Hewitt :face_with_monocle:.

I am now out to light the BBQ with a G&T in hand.

4 Likes

Just the divorce to look forward to now.

4 Likes
1 Like

What’s wrong with Meghan’s left shoulder?

Looks like she can’t lift the arm away from her side.

19 year old musician was very good.

1 Like

He lives up the road from me.

Captivating.

Really?

Interesting prog on radio 4 the other day.
The increase to the economy of a royal wedding is about 0.005%

About the same effect as a sunny day

1 Like

Been playing golf this morning but just turned the TV on to hear James Haskell say “This will go down in history for a long time”

Stunning punditry

1 Like

It’s not the literal effect, it’s the perpetuation of he brand and the continuing overseas fascination.

You can’t just put a figure on the day. That’s like saying the FA cup just gets a few quid for football…

I have no problem with people liking the Royals, If an outdated expression of privilege and inequality is your bag then fine.

But don’t ever try and suggest that they make any money for the country, because that is just bollocks, an excuse trotted out in an attempt to justify an anachronism.

4 Likes

£30M in policing costs I am told.

I read £6m

1 Like

Oooh, that is a bargain then…

Normally the Police would invoice the event organisers, but not this time. The taxpayer foots the bill, like it or not.