Rugby A Game For Gentlemen

What do you reckon to Brad Shields Bob?

Good analysis, but I wish you’d get off the fence and say what you really mean :wink:

Very good player, will be interesting to see if he gets support from the other players or will it be a Vainikolo type situation where nobody passes to him. His qualities are size and speed at the breakdown (for a 6). His hands are not the best, and he is a bit of a dumb fuck who runs into people.

How he will fit into the slow forwards based game England are playing at the moment, rather than the faster NZ style remains to be seen. I wouldn’t pin all my hopes on him being the breakdown answer.

For the world cup my back 3 forwards would be Shields (6) Willis (7) and Billy Vinopola (8). I think the way Willis plays he is going to spend most of next season injured. On the bench Curry.

Eddie will probably ruin Shields in a training camp anyway and the ‘England’ conditioning guys will beef him up so he’s too slow.

The Redpath pick is bizzare, it’s 100% to keep Scotchland off him. His dad has been playing a game with the RFU and the idiots have played along. Personally, I would have said you are at least 3 years away, go and learn your trade. If you feel Scotch, fuck off there and win nothing.

Watched the European Challenge Cup final last night, Cardiff Blues - Gloucester. Exciting stuff that went down to the wire.

Watched the European Champions Cup today, Leinster - Racing 92. Turgid game. At least the beer was good.