Rugby A Game For Gentlemen

Started like a train

again

Then pulled into a siding.

Again.

Youngs is shit

1 Like

The S.A. kick chase seems to be targeting the man rather than challenge for the ball.

Basic handling errors in contact are killing us.

Ill disciplined performance from a bunch of players that are not as good as they think they are.

Well beaten by 65th minute.

1 Like

Been round a mateā€™s watching Wales win easily again. Not sure what is going on with Argentina, but they didnā€™t make a game of it for the second game in a row.

Got home from work at ten and watched this blind on record.

I agree (and said last week) that we were annihilated at number nine. Youngā€™s may as well be a telegraph pole as he is so predictable.

Some terrible decision making not to take three points (arrogant). Taking a kick slows the game and helps your team recover at the very least.

We skinned them out wide yet we were piss poor in the carry and drive game and messed up anything beyond two phases. So we hardly got chance to run round them.

We look a long way from a ā€œteamā€ and lack key decision makers in the big areas. Zero control and night and day from the team who went months unbeaten. Iā€™m at a loss how the coach can persist with tanks in the midfield and suddenly go all out guile in an away series.

Is there a plan!?

Is that coachable? Is EJ picking the wrong players, or is EJā€™s plan all wrong?

At least Cipriani showed some guile and dynamism in the short time he got

He must start next week

1 Like

I donā€™t think you can just say Cipriani should start like he will fix it.
Thatā€™s a typical commentators comment, usually about a pair of fresh legs making an impact (no shit).
The reason we are losing is that we appear to be trying to play to a coached plan and not executing it due to basic errors (players just not good enough).
When we try to improvise we seem to pick the wrong options and force the game, or make stupid mistakes.

Itā€™s a lack of maturity, and lack of real quality in a few areas.

The big issues are that our half back link play is predictable and flat footed. Our first receiver is usually taking the ball stood still (the SA number nine put pace on the ball).
Our back row is still shit.
We arenā€™t controlling games and thatā€™s down to bad decisions that come from players thinking plan A is always right.

Iā€™m not saying he will fix it, but at least he has flair. A commodity we are seriously lacking atm

I agree with you. For some reason EJ doesnā€™t pick the best players in their respective positions, and then insists on playing players out of position. I donā€™t think I have seen that in any other international side.

Terrible performance from England. Players too assured with being picked and giving 70% performances and being selfish and stupid.

Other players are just gone, for what ever reason.

What is clear from this series is that EJ has fuck all clue about picking sides and motivating them or having clear tactics.

Picking players out of position or trying to make potentially world class players (Daly) swap position is madness at this level.

EJ has to go if England are to stand any chance and they will lose the last test, as EJ is so stubborn he will not pick a side to win and the players donā€™t want to play for him. Cips has been sold a pup and should have gone to a French club.

As I said before, players need dropping and told to go away for a year and prove themselves; Mako V, Youngs, Itoje, Ford. Brown is finished at this level.

Farrell is not a captain in 100 years, he is a hot head and nobody likes the cunt. All he has is kicking and running in easy tries, his passing game is too predictable and his defence is suspect at this level.

We need to pick wingers who are wingers, centres who are centres and stop fucking about.

I do wonder if the appointment of that twat Mallinder is plan B for the RFU.

Watching USA give Scotchland the fright of their lives. Very entertaining game.

Great game and a nail biting finish. Scots miss the conversion and lose 30-29.

More entertainment in 5 minutes of this game than the whole of the England game yesterday.

As expected, England schooled by a much better set of French forwards in the U20 final. England, same bloody problems as the first XV.

England: 15 Elliot Daly, 14 Jonny May, 13 Henry Slade, 12 Owen Farrell Ā©, 11 Mike Brown, 10 Danny Cipriani, 9 Ben Youngs, 8 Nathan Hughes, 7 Tom Curry, 6 Chris Robshaw, 5 Maro Itoje, 4 Joe Launchbury, 3 Kyle Sinckler, 2 Jamie George, 1 Joe Marler
Replacements: 16 Luke Cowan-Dickie, 17 Alec Hepburn, 18 Harry Williams, 19 Jonny Hill, 20 Mark Wilson, 21 Sam Simmonds, 22 Ben Spencer, 23 Denny Solomona

Still going to get fucked over, as EJ has failed to address the major issues of breakdown, pace of movement and invenntiveness at 9 and 12. Brown is not a fucking winger, just play Solomona you pillock and pick Daly at 13.

Hughes has been very poor since his injury, I think he may be prema fucked.

Slade is not an international 13, Robshaw, is he fucking serious!

Ben Youngs again?

Agreed, what the fuck.