Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Some class a monoblocks would suit that combo perfectly :smiley:

4 Likes

Subtlety was never your strong point Jim.:grin:

1 Like

Good choice. Lovely bit of kit. Mk I have the prettier sloping perspex over the valves. Mk II have the flat front with a small window in showing the 6 signal valves. Both get equally hot to the touch all over the case and the knobs when they are up to full operating temperature.

No remote.

They do pick up signal from other inputs so you need to mute sources other than the one that you are using.

Even if I buy another pre ( DNM perhaps :slight_smile: ) I am likely to keep my Mk II.

1 Like

Remotes are for wimps

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

DNM doesn’t have a remote either and has twin volume knobs.

17 posts were merged into an existing topic: Reel 2 Reel

Very old Io (Kondo rebulit ) and AN S2 T/X lash up here also. SWMBO loves it on the end of the Tri-planar / Helius Viridia.

a SLUT is as good as a holiday .fixt.

1 Like

All of the time i had the MWS and over Christmas when I was testing/running in the new BTJ9000S, they were sitting on the windowcill, hidden behind the r/h speaker.

But I thought the new BTJ deserves to be admired, so I fitted an extension shelf between the “rack” and record storage unit. It will only fit at a slightly jaunty angle though.

9 Likes

Good to see coco has built in an upgrade path - remove blue LED.

[Runs]

8 Likes

Typically innovative of Pete to use a fucking laser diode as a power indicator… It’s almost as if soothing, tonally-appropriate colours like amber had never been invented…

(you bet I’m fucking jealous!)

Now, how about a nice Coco-san linestage next? Even bigger Mad Gainz, n’est-ce pas, bruv?

Dude, it was the customer’s choice. And as you know they’re always right. :exploding_head: (also, pragmatically, it had to be the right size and shape to fit the existing hole in the case and Jim and I did discuss colours.)

Linestage? Sure…

At least you can tell it’s on (unlike the power amp, apparently :smile:)

4 Likes

Can someone get on with building some massive fuck off speakers that will cause a divorce,and the kids to disown them please.

3 Likes

I think @edd9000 has plans in that respect. :grin:

2 Likes

Excellent

This is one reason why you could never be dealerscum. Customers are absolute idiots and are always wrong.

The other reason of course is that you’re not daft…

3 Likes

I’m even lower down the food chain - (wannabe) manufacturer scum!

1 Like

Needs matching pre and power amps,would look fantastic on a massive rack.

2 Likes

TFW the oligarch specifies pink-veined blue marble in his £700m superyacht bathroom suite.

2 Likes

Nup, you’re far too technically competent for that…