Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Snap

2 Likes

Isn’t that DD15?

It is. Been looking for a DD15 or DD18 for quite some time, this one was the right pricing and condition. Collect it Wednesday. Realistically the DD18 is too big and heavy :scream::scream::scream::scream:

I was tempted by the 1812 as well.

Not looking forward to setting it up, as I hate those EQ things.

1 Like

The auto setup is painless, it does need connecting to a screen though, then adjust volume to suit .
At some point I’ll plug it between pre/power and see how it works cutting the main speakers bass, see if it integrates any better?

1 Like

New speakers - Proac Tablette Anniversary.

Tiny compared to the Heco’s but a very similar sound, just a teeny bit more precise and snappy. I need to turn my amp up a fair bit more with the Proacs. Very nice indeed.:+1:

8 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Wonderful World of Turntable Design

The refinement of box swapping is one of natures greatest wonders. The more you swap the smaller the kit gets as you subliminally realize lumping big stuff is not fun. Endgame = walkman

7 Likes

new owner for perreaux
http://www.perreaux.com/blog/2018/6/14/introducing-edwin-nieman-the-new-owner-of-perreaux

Replaced one of these:

With one of these:

Will use the MM side with the ANS3 SUT for a few days and then try the MC circuits. Quite pleased on first impressions.

15 Likes

From Italy…
Finally got one (with a Mogami cable)…

8 Likes

The schiit saga in valve buffer mode is most certainly a hit , seems to really gel with firebottle monos and the separation of instruments is really good , listening to some tracks has that realism that sometimes scares you . most definately an amazing combo with the horns

1 Like

Passive preamp with 0.5dB steps arrived today. I’ve been using attenuators with my new Valvet monoblocks and preamp, but this arrangement will hopefully give more flexibility. Or I’m fussy about certain things. :slightly_smiling_face:

Getting the volume level to just right for hours of listening is probably more difficult in a smaller room.

New photo by B 2T

2 Likes

you have exceedingly good taste

1 Like

Allnic H-1201 courtesy of Olan @htm_1968 :grin:

First impression is of the noise floor… nice and low.

10 Likes

Nice to see it arrived safely and is already fired up.

1 Like

Did you buy new Art speakers recently?Couldn’t remember if you did or not.

Small re-org required to accommodate new phono

9 Likes

Is that an Onyko pre/power?

It most certainly is.

P3000R Pre-amp & M5000R Power-amp.

2 Likes

Nice,what speakers?