Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Cunt

3 Likes

The Okki Nokki I bought from Vasken has landed. Thanks due to Micky for bringing it north from Spider’s bake off.

5 Likes

The icing on the cake - My Hana SL also arrived today. OK, not secondhand, but even tightarses like me buy something brand new from time to time.

The next few days will be good days…

12 Likes
1 Like

Hmmm.

Probably an admin error. Normal levels of stupidity will be resumed soon.

2 Likes

Buy enough stuff then sooner or later you’ll get lucky (unless you’re ichm :laughing:)

1 Like

Go stand in some baby bio.

Just bought daughter one of these as she wanted to graduate from her Beocentre. She insisted on auto!

5 Likes

:joy:. “Remember some of your investments may go up in value but most likely go down…”

1 Like

720D0A67-97E1-4672-BFDB-23849B33A8F6

I inherited my dad’s beocentre in about 1984 & had it for 8 years. A thing of beauty when you’re a teenager and the envy of all my friends. One touch record playing :sunglasses:

5 Likes

My 6 yr old started taking a serious interest in records and has a small collection now. He latest purchase Jive Bunny. She also has an enviable Wurzels collection. :slight_smile:

Seeing that I’d rather she didn’t trash my 301 and associated arm/cart I’ve given her an LP5. Not bad for a first deck…
Yes I do spoil her terribly.

4 Likes

Won’t be long before she’s playing Austrian Death Machine jack :laughing:

Here’s Sam (he’s a bit younger here, he was 11 yesterday) with his Technics SL-D4 in the background :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Happy Birthday for yesterday, Sam!

1 Like

Hope you got a better album for your birthday

3 Likes

Just testing a few bits, Micromega Microdrive/dac, Croft Supermicro, Hafler DH220 into British Loudspeakers BLQ2.3, thrown together and sounds surprisingly good.

1 Like

Foreigner ! Hope he has number for Childline :smiley:

7 Likes

I required extra power sockets behind my rack, so bought a Wychwood F3 6 gang filter from Sodders a couple of weeks ago. I’d rather give him my money than most of the crooks in the trade. Top fella.

This morning a parcel arrived from China - a pair of Psvane Western Electric 284A Replica (845) tubes…
Just popped home for a quick listen. Straight out of the box they’re audibly better than the Psvane 845T.
Tighter, more defined bass and finer detail retrieval. I’m told they require around 100 hours before they’re fully run-in.
It’s certainly promising.

Combined with the upgrades Pete made to my power amp last year and my now reinstated Audio Note DAC I can honestly say my system is sounding better than ever. Pretty bloody happy right now.

18 Likes

Bloody good piece of kit. :+1:

4 Likes