Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

That is just so wrong.

Very, very wrong indeed.

Are those disco balls the controls?

On the contrary. all blue LEDs must die.

Is it @Jim who has the Pass monos with blue LEDs? Partner wanted them when we saw them at Scalford, saying they look nice. Two black squares with tiny LEDs!

They’re cages over the valves.

1 Like

This. It really does let the amp down. The lovely orange LEDs on the amp are relaxed and look great. The blue one is too far too piercing. If it ever needs a service or a repair I’ll be getting the blue replaced with orange.

:+1:

Of course!

Big thanks to Graeme for refurbishing my Quads, just plugged them in and they sound great. Very liquid. Just playing a CD and very different to the Perreaux.

They are as original as you are likely to get and from 1963 and not messed with.

NOS KT66s, looking great.

13 Likes

Sadly not as I’m on the slimming world diet at the moment.

I could do a nice veggy stir fry with fry lite though :corn::carrot::mushroom::broccoli::cucumber::hot_pepper:

1 Like

Very nice indeed Bob :+1:t3: Thought you didn’t do valves tho’? No bass I seem to recall?

1 Like

Lovely Quads. Bob even has the original packaging, with the amps’ serial numbers written on the labels !

I picked this up this evening.

500 volt, 1 amp fully regulated DC supply. With 50p for scale.

Aw c’mon. It’s got to be useful for something.

VB

5 Likes

I have a selection of valve stuff from Croft, Trilogy, Modwright and Quad.

Twisted Pear Buffalo II dac,

1 Like

Meh !

All DAC’s sound the same.

Of course, now that you have a choice, does that mean you’re AC/DC?

Well, I don’t get very excited about dacs, but not many have balanced outputs, 4 inputs, and with a board I have to fit dsd over usb. Flexibility is nice.

1 Like

Nice handles and VU meter. Quite like the main rotary switches.

1 Like

does it do fast bass, sir?

I wants it, it’s precious.

I’d power a little dc turntable motor for it. Moar big moar better.