Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Aren’t those just @coco’s design parameters for the BTJ series being applied to power amps?

:innocent:

1 Like

Does it cook pizzas?

6 Likes

We could see how much pig fat is required to act as a perfect insulator for your fingers

1 Like

New PC came today. Up and running within an hour - Tidal dead easy, JRiver worked as well with a library backup, which kept all the complicated settings I have. I’m impressed by the simplicity of it all.

Now I have a 23" high res touch screen to choose music from :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Modwright LS 36.5

Really liking the Modwright stuff, had an LS100 for a while but the 36.5 really is a different league.

Running the KWI 200 in bypass mode so it’s just a power amp, one that does over 650 Watts into 2 ohms :smile:

If I had OCD I’d be mildly annoyed that the phono stage is black and not silver but I’m not, honest.

12 Likes
2 Likes

Nice. Of course you’ll be wanting a MW phono stage in silver now :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If the KWI200 was half the size and half the price id have one. Best sound ive had at home was with that amp.

It is an absolute beast and I had to stick a batton on the back of the shelf for it to fit. Surprised at how well it drives the obelisks as they are a horrible load for an amp with their 1-2 ohm dips.

Playing with the Technics SL1900 I bought for daughter - sounds pretty good :slightly_smiling_face:

She also thinks it looks pretty cool and will make her male vinyl head friends very jealous.

Just need to find a reasonably cheap but cool looking integrated amp with built in phono to go with it.

3 Likes

Depending on what she thinks is cool…An old yamaha reciever could fit the bil, they sound decent and have competent phono stages, the CR820 i had did anyway.

1 Like

Retro looks, VU meters metal switches etc. The look of the 70’s I think is what she would approve of.

Google images yamaha cr820.

What speakers?

Yeah just did and you’re right that’s pretty much the look she’s going for.

She’s got the B&O ones at the minute but I’d look to replace those cos they’re a bit shit.

Don’t be, their reputation is exaggerated. A friend uses a Puresound A30 with his pair (which replaced a Krell pre/power!), the A30 drives them easily as loud as he can ever want, and with a crispness the Krells could never manage.

I really need to hear me some Shahinians. Does anyone know how they compare to Larsons, which are considerably more affordable and seem to do a similar thing?

I had a pair of Arcs (MK1 I think) and they were strange things, worked really well in a far too big room but struggled in smaller rooms. Quite a difficult load and I used some Primare 928 mono’s with them, quite amp fussy.

Didn’t really float my boat, heard quite a few models and none make me want to splash the cash.

I suspect they are a marmite speaker.

The thing of beauty has arrived from Berlin. Heavy old thing, just warming up, but already sounds great. Very happy with it.

9 Likes