Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Very nice !

That the PFM one Bob ?

1 Like

Can’t stand them. Any of them.

Yep, very nice seller, most helpful.

Result. Cracking bit of kit ! :grinning:

1 Like

That looks lovely Bob. Very nice indeed.

1 Like

While I wouldn’t go quite so far, they’re not for me either. Too “approximate” for my taste - likely the very thing liked about them by their owners, though t’other Mick likes his 'cos his Mrs can tolerate them in their lounge!

Do you feel the same about omnis like German Physiks, Duevels or MBLs?

Not heard GPs, Duevels are not for me personally, MBLs however can be very, very impressive in some models - just silly expensive!

finally managed to replace my broken sonos bridge so I can access Spotify . bought a new sonos boost and my word the sound is exceedingly good . listening to Michael stearns samasara and its pretty impressive even though its only mp3 Spotify premium

1 Like

very pleased you managed to get the 36.5 , I have just finished paying for my 36.5dm after a year and its still sounding brilliant . I am rather keen on the theatre bypass switch which really makes integration wth 5.1 system easy

I am pretty happy with Spotify Premium, format might not be FLAC, but it’s ogg vorbis which is better than MP3. I use Sonos connect, does the bridge improve sound, or does it just stop drop outs?

I used to like them before they went a bit hair metal.

3 Likes

Big purple things arrived today:

It’s taken me an age to get the first one out of the box, so might be tomorrow before I get to hear them.

In the meantime, I am enjoying the purpleness.

Edit: Actually, it’s a sort of pinky purpleness.

Zu Definition 2, BTW.

15 Likes

Bold!

Room design by Mary Quant

3 Likes

Yes, bold is about right.

I hesitated, but they look stunning in the flesh. We’ve gone for some feisty colours on the walls, so these fit in rather better than the usual black or wood finish.

Mrs Horace thinks they are proper funky, which is a bonus.

No idea what to expect from the sound. The rear of each speaker houses four active 10" woofers. Apparently, they do bass…

1 Like

A step up from magnolia, which is a stain, not a colour.

1 Like

Nicks old speakers. He’s a genuinely lovely guy…

1 Like

Nice are they actives?

Yes. I haven’t met him, but that is my impression of him.