Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Oh, thought they were collection only. Anyway, very nice speakers enjoy!

Yes. Amps in base of each speaker power the rear woofers.

I’ve only a couple of reviews to go on, but am expecting good things.

Very high sensitivity, so could be my way back to valves.

They were, which was a sticking point, but Nick found the original boxes.

Quite how anyone could mislay boxes of that size is beyond me, but I’m not complaining. :grin:

Lol!

Just read the 6 Moons review, as ever I understood very little of the waffle that is 6 Moons, but reading between the lines, sounds like you’re in for a treat.

I’m interested how you get on with these because I have actives and am always on the look out for alternatives (things I can spend more money on), especially if they’re purple.

Noice! :+1: Always wanted to hear a set of those.

Bakeoff :+1:

Like Mary’s cuant

Cleans better.

1 Like

Six Moons, where every interview comes with at least 200 words on the quality of the coffee at the local cafe, 300 words on the best way to prepare for the zombie apocalypse, 500 words that mean even less than the 500 already mentioned, and some guff about philosophy, poetry or (maybe, if you’re really lucky) a musician you probably haven’t heard of.

If you are persistent, can deal with the projectile vomit school of graphic design aesthetics, have a six foot wide monitor and a magnifying glass so you can actually fucking read all that shit, and manage to stay awake until the end of the review…

…then you might just come away confused.

Still, better than What Hifi, so fuck it.

1 Like

Wanky wire day today, rebuilt some mains cable prototypes, and then a box full of foo arrived from Germany - I now feel like a proper audiophile at long last with some nice thick-as-a-:racehorse:-cock cables:

The speaker cable is a proper mad bastard - the most tedious thing to terminate I have yet tried - weights a ton, outer sheath as thick as a hydraulic hose, and a ludicrous number of conductors arranged in multiple spirals with air spacing hither-and-yon. Each main conductor array is either plain copper, tin plated, or silver plated…

No fancy-pants trimming, this is just to see if I like 'em.

7 Likes

I don’t do fancypants wire, but will admit that there is something very satisfying about a hosepipe snaking it’s way betwixt amp and speaker.

Ooer missus etc.

I’ve got a 1kVA synthetic mains supply which I converted to run off two outboard 12V lead-acid batteries in series. For connecting to the batteries this was the fattest cable I could buy from Farnell by the metre http://uk.farnell.com/lapp-kabel/2210702/cable-welding-black-35mm-per-m/dp/1617880.

VB

1 Like

I’ve got a lovely set of monos that sir could have back if sir were so inclined…

Well said; never was tl;dr more apposite

HNNNGG!!! :heart_eyes: I must find a completely absurd use for that - possibly some kind of tonearm project…

Meh, it will surely all sound the same? :thinking:

Anyway I’ve heard you need boxes of soil and Shakti stones to be able to hear a real difference.

2 Likes

Now there’s a thought…

It’'l be cheap, won’t cost an arm and/or a leg. You might want to keep an eye on your liver though, although I doubt it qualifies under one careful owner

everythingsoundsthesamenothingmakesadifferenceeverythingsoundsthesamenothingmakesadifferenceeverythingsoundsthesamenothingmakesadifferenceeverythingsoundsthesamenothingmakesadifferenceeverythingsoundsthesamenothingmakesadifferenceeverythingsoundsthesamenothingmakesadifferenceeverythingsoundsthesamenothingmakesadifferenceeverythingsoundsthesamenothingmakesadifference

Hail Serge full of Asperger’s, the meter is with thee. Cussed are thou among audiophiles and cussed is the fruit of thy oscilloscope. Holy Serge Father of graphs, pray for us sinners who imagine anything makes a difference. Ammeters.

Hail Serge full of Asperger’s, the meter is with thee. Cussed are thou among audiophiles and cussed is the fruit of thy oscilloscope. Holy Serge Father of graphs, pray for us sinners who imagine anything makes a difference. Ammeters.

etc.

7 Likes

I’ll message you later - got some important work stuff to pretend to be doing.

1 Like