Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

I just like listening to loud music :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I sit more or less in an equilateral triangle, to be honest it’s not by design, it just turned out that way, it works ok for me.

Near field my system sounds shit, 30 odd feet away is where it’s at and I’d like the option of another 10 feet.

1 Like

<< Another near field fan. Better sound stage and clarity as there’s less room interaction imo.

2 Likes

I prefer far-field listening because I get a better representation of scale and I like the subjective impression of the room being pressurised by the speakers.

I like coco’s near-field horn but I always want to hear it as a pair in a 25’ room.

1 Like

Prefer it if I could listen to mine a further 2m back,sadly my neighbour is weird,and won’t let me smash the wall out so I can sit in her room to listen :ear:t3:

7 Likes

Feckin inconsiderate neighbours, eh Stu? :smirk:

1 Like

Near field here too but that’s only limited by walls and stuff.

Some things are more important than politeness Stu. Just go ahead and do it. She’ll come round (well, strictly speaking she won’t have to of course since she’ll get the full benefit of your impeccable taste in music from the comfort of her own sofa).

VB

2 Likes

A choad of a system…

1 Like

They said “near field”, not “in a field”.

4 Likes

I’ve got some LS35A’s on the desk about 45 cm from my ears - When listening to guided meditations - It feels like Deepak Chopra has set up camp in my cranium.

There is a box/horn split in this discussion.

Yes but the difference between these is may in the bass, the way horn bass drives the whole room. I wonder if far field bass could work with near field horns for the mids and up to get the immediacy

Go in the opposite direction & instead put the speakers in your other neighbours’ living room. :+1:

You are VERY unkind :sob:

Quite the opposite IME - the nearer you are (at least to typical dome tweeters) the less reflection from adjacent surfaces, thus the better imaging.

Yep, this is why I specified box loudspeakers - horns are meant to be heard at a distance.

(insert obvious jokes here)

Sorted.

2 Likes

1 Like

Okay so having looked again it is slightly tail up but I don’t think anywhere near as much as the previous photo might have led to believe.

Now it looks like your mat is not on right.

1 Like