Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

:roll_eyes:

$_86

2 Likes

The earlier 3mm thick version obviously sat a little lower but the chamfered edge is machined for the underside to drop inside the rim at the edge of the platter on either an SP10 or 1210.

1 Like

Is that an Entreq grounding box on the floor under the rack ?

VB

1 Like

Hmmm. I think there is always something between the speakers. Even if it’s only the seething vacuum.

VB

1 Like

Two seater, yes.

Yes, full of exotic soil and unicorn shit :+1:

3 Likes

It is only January 5th, but I’m pretty sure you have nailed the AA Pedant of the Year award for 2018 with that particular zinger.

:grin:

That’s what my dog called it

Surely, if a vacuum was present, the speakers would be forced together by air pressure and there would be, literally, nothing in between?

Or can a vacuum be something even when it is the absence of anything. In this case it would render the inbetwren as academic as there would no longer be any in between?

1 Like

To be fair, if the speakers were in a vacuum it’d only work in the Star Wars universe

1 Like

Not letting a prime @MGOwner baiting ftfy like that go…

4 Likes

If their touching surfaces were so flat that there were no voids at all between them then the material of the two speakers would tend to become one piece of whatever it is. Surprisingly perhaps this can actually happen in the real world. It’s called optical contacting Optical contact bonding - Wikipedia and we used to use it where I used to work to make high quality joints between materials like quartz and some crystals.

Yes it can be. In fact it always is. There are always quantums Quantum vacuum state - Wikipedia.

VB

1 Like

I suspected as much.

Tonight I will sleep well.

Fitted the Clearaudio headshell.

7 Likes

Looks tail down now.

6 Likes

Audio Note Io + Audio Note AN-S2

Bucket list item ticked, sounds fucking glorious, absolute lack of surface noise is shocking especially on older records.

Bit of hum between tracks but I need to sort out the cables as I threw it in quick.

21 Likes

Camper van well and truly out the window?

6 Likes

An SUT is as good as a holiday. :+1:

4 Likes

well and truly down the swanny now

Looks very level.

Now the system has been organised back into my man cave, Hel has now decided that the little tambour fronted record unit can stay in the lounge alcove, and that I could have a record player on top and small speakers in there too.

This opens up the idea of now having a pair of standmounts firing across the room instead. I could use my MA-5s for power but need a small preamp with integrated phono (I’ve been looking for the matching esotec but to no avail so far :slightly_frowning_face:).