Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

This is one reason why you could never be dealerscum. Customers are absolute idiots and are always wrong.

The other reason of course is that you’re not daft…

3 Likes

I’m even lower down the food chain - (wannabe) manufacturer scum!

1 Like

Needs matching pre and power amps,would look fantastic on a massive rack.

2 Likes

TFW the oligarch specifies pink-veined blue marble in his £700m superyacht bathroom suite.

2 Likes

Nup, you’re far too technically competent for that…

Lol, I wish! I just know how little I know.

2 Likes

Whole new Rack required @jim to show all that gear off properly.
The phono stage needs to be as well presented as the Kronos.
Full redesign required. I’m sure all the guys coming next weekend could bring battery drills and screw drivers and knock something up in the day.
(Now where has that run away and hide emoji thing gone)

2 Likes

This again dooms all commercial endeavours :+1:

1 Like

Quite! I have actually figured out enough about the HiFi industry to know I don’t want to make it a career!

5 Likes

All you need is the passion and the committment (to be committed ?).

It’ll all be alright.

1 Like

Full beans system beckons

1 Like

Kinda already tried that, she wasn’t bothered. Current plans vary from something about the same size but much louder (unity horns), something smaller but as capable by using better drivers (seos-12 or 15 with nice driver).

I do however fancy some lab horns. and @coco and @simonms keep tempting me with WE snail goodness.

4 Likes

I have two bass horns that are as tall as me. Coco called them stereo coffins 3 years ago when I was building them. I had to wait until retirement and we moved so I had my own room or that would’ve been divorce. I got close with the kids though, my girls just roll their eyes and don’t go in the room when they visit :joy:

9 Likes

Pics

2 Likes

Lousy phone photo. Ceiling is 9ft 8in. On their feet the cabinets are 5ft 9in tall and about 20" width and depth. Based on an old HiFi News design from 1969 or so. Drivers are newly fitted Precision Devices PD154. Hence the new, unfinsihed, ply baffle on the front.

F3 of cabinet/driver is about 22Hz, crossover is 150Hz at 48dB per octave to the Lowthers in the Oris 150 front horns.

19 Likes

Comfortingly insane. Nice work…

1 Like

Brilliant :+1:
Mothership out for playing as well :+1::+1:
I was just playing that.

2 Likes

Not the best pressing but great LPs

Yeah I really like the track arrangement.

So, you’re a short-arse then ?

1 Like