Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Yes, but we didn’t discuss brightness. I would have gone for the “candle” rating, rather than “anti aircraft searchlight” :wink:

2 Likes

Just stick an elastoplast over the top.

It will look classy enough…

Jim, that looks amazing, what a incredible job @coco has done on yours and Dave’s phono stages. I am genuinely excited to hear your system next week :+1:
Oh and bollox to Ritchie’s ranting, I never get bored of looking at pics of your turntable

1 Like

The only useful thing Russ sells

http://www.russandrews.com/light-dims/

1 Like

After a while of custom making things for people, you’ll realise that pretty much everyone is a tasteless cunt and not only that, if you do everything they ask, they’ll make you look like a cunt too. IME, developing communication skills so you can tell them not to be so fucking stupid but in language that will not ruin your relationship takes as long as it does to learn the technical side of what you are actually doing. :+1:

12 Likes

Hmm, so BTJ means ‘brighter than’ …

2 Likes

Even better, I found some blue insulating tape and cut out a tiny round patch with some nail scissors.

Did the trick perfectly - can still see the blue light, but it’s dull. :smiley:

1 Like

Waits for LED to overheat, shattering into a thousand pieces, some of which fly into the nearest plasma tweeter, causing total meltdown in Ilford

2 Likes

Don’t worry, Pete has already developed them, if he hadn’t…

inex

2 Likes

5ft 8and 3/4" thank you very much!

1 Like

Looks like, Yep.

Yep ! Them quarter inches make all the difference :smile:

1 Like

You’ve certainly accumulated a sufficiency of them about the equator :smirk:

3 Likes

I’ve found the more you suggest to a customer they should go to your competitor with their requests the more they won’t leave you alone. Turning business away consistently because you are too busy seems to also generate desire. French waiters are trained in such dark arts.

I have stumbled into these truths by A) being bone idle B) knowing that their custom will not change my life.
AG Motto: Pay up front and be prepared - Heavy shit takes longer.

6 Likes

Bet they sound great :+1:

1 Like

I have Blu-tak going spare.

1 Like

They do yeah. Scale is probably the best description.

1 Like

2 Likes

I’ve booked you two ten minutes in the Lopwell showers uninterrupted, until then stop blowing kisses

3 Likes

With the brand new Hana SL, loan of a Dr. F (just to confirm the measurements quoted by Sony were working)…

And this

My charity shop finds are sounding incredible. A rinse in the sink with soap, and couple of spins on the RCM is working wonders!

2 Likes