Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

True but I quite liked elbow skier. I thought he would know what I meant.

I was talking to @sjs at Munich about knob feel. It’s quite a dark art apparently - you can change the feel just by using extension rods. He’s experimented a fair bit with his knob, it seems.

1 Like

Erm, I have an IIXE900, which is the one with the separate PSU and acrylic platter, which might be for sale, but I want it to show at the Meat Up as part of a sub £500 bargain basement system.

Interested in this Rob. I’ll pm on the morrow.

Ok Mike, I’m going to be at my mums most of the day so might not get back to you until the evening.

I have absolutely no idea on price btw, didn’t even consider selling it until you mentioned you wanted one…

Yep that should be fine.

Have no clue what elbow skier means though?

Pot smoker in my language.

Is it missionary sex position using elbow support?

You bugger, you beat me to it!
Saved me a few quid though even if my KA180 feels lonely.
Saw the price reduction and then saw that it was sold.
Hope it breaks :smiling_imp:

More crusty speaker stink…

Goodmans speaker out of an AL-120. The full range 12" has no markings other than ‘Made in Gt Britain’ in the casting… supposedly it’s a Triaxiom 12/20.

"A 3-way speaker; bass handled by 12 "unit, mid-range by co-axial heat sink and high frequency to pressure-driven unit"A 3-way speaker; bass handled by 12 “unit, mid-range by co-axial heat sink and high frequency to pressure-driven unit”

The thing is odd to behold but interesting to note some of the avenues that were being explored when Speaker co’s had R&D money and some eccentricity.

2 Likes

Decided I prefer the SUT/MM route so got myself this little Audio South SUT to go with the Basis. I believe it uses Lundahl transformers. Think it was lordmortlock’s off the Wam previously.

Managed to find a secondhand rack that matches the other one so the sidetable for the TT is gone now :slight_smile:

SJS Arcadia Model 5 SE 300B amp with KR Audio tubes
SJS Arcadia Model 1.5 preamp
Audio Note 1.1x II Signature DAC
Mac Mini with Roon
Gustard USB > SPDIF converter
Origin Live Resolution mk3 TT
Audio Note Arm One v2
Audio Note IQ3 cart
Whest PS.20 phonostage
Remton 8382 phonostage (upgraded caps etc)
Living Voice obx-r speakers

IMG_0604 by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

IMG_0599 by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

IMG_0592 by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

IMG_0590 by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

13 Likes

Looks fucking shit, bet it sounds even worse.:smiling_imp:

Very smart looking and nice sounding listen on the quick visit to Chris’s last night.

Thanks very much for the plinth.:thumbsup:

Narelle says she loves the matching wood. No idea what she means :thinking:

Now you just need those Xovers built into nice matching wood boxes :+1:

I have made a thing. This is the power supply.

It has added adequacy and a blue LED button.

This is the other part.

It is also adequate.

Non-technical version: active gainclone using the KMTech LM3886 boards and 24dB/octave LR crossover boards for the mancave system. Sounds good so far and hasn’t exploded yet.

11 Likes

Looks like it probably works, so well done.

Yes, but I can’t get BBC2 now…

Just static.

1 Like

Deck up and running and sounding very nice.

14 Likes