Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Good decision Tim - You can’t go wrong with a 907.

Added a tape deck tonight. I was lucky enough to get this free so having a bit of fun going back to my teens.
Denon drs-810

5 Likes

Cool mate, always fancied one of those drawer loading ones back in the day.The Denon I had sounded great!

Sorry Rob meant to say thanks for posting the Adjust-It back :+1:

1 Like

No problem, thank you!

1 Like

Hope everything’s still sounding sweet Rob :+1:

1 Like

It’s great mate,I’m really enjoying it.

My Dad was impressed with it and Rick (banditpilot) heard it briefly over Christmas and gave it the thumbs up :+1:

1 Like

One of my power amps needs to have the balanced input sorted so decided to try and decorate the room and use a back up Roksan amp for the time being. The amp has plenty of power to drive the Peak Consult speakers, but boy do I miss the Maker Audio NL14+'s that I normally have.

The red doesn’t look nearly as bright as the photos make out (honest) and the carpet will be going for something lighter.

10 Likes

Peak Consult - respect.:+1:

1 Like

What happened to the Snells?

They’re in the hallway! I’m probably going to sell them soon. I want to clear some space in my flat and feel the Peaks take up less space, match the furniture etc. The Peaks don’t have the mid-range and treble qualities of the Snells, but they are more practical.

1 Like

got some frugelhorn xl in situ today , just settling in and I will post some pics in situ later . these are at owners house . passed the organ test so far , played san saans no 3 and it went pretty deep . I must confess I was not expecting that .

IMG_8806.thumb.JPG.3fbd880ccba529e1847da1bb18c95784 by , on Flickr

IMG_8808.thumb.JPG.805e369521948dbc91432c63788c73ae by , on Flickr

6 Likes

Must be Brumjams. They go fairly deep as they aren’t very sensitive and have decent xmax for a driver of that size.

yes thats brumjams which many of you are familiar with behind are the h2 which are up for sale .

P1050212 by , on Flickr

P1050211 by , on Flickr

the oak speakers next to it are in the classifieds here [proac 125]

It was the pile of pink toys gave it away.

1 Like

One of my Spendor BC1’s bit the dust the other week. Not sure if it’s repairable as very early model.
So I managed to find a pair of these things and they sound to my ears probably better than the Spendor’s did.
Really impressed with them.

keesonic KRF
[sellers picture not mine]

5 Likes

ha , yes not mine thankfully !!

What died on the bc1’s. Might have some spare drivers.

Think it may be a bass driver. It’s just making a farty trebly sound. Do you know of anyone who repairs these type of speakers? The other one is fine. Matching pair.