Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

When I owned them, what got me on these, is how open, natural and fast they are.

I sold them on far too early, without experimenting with wadding, which I’ve since learnt is crucial for tuning the mid band.

I will buy another pair, as they have massive potential.

Not got any of them. Try Wembley loudspeakers for a repair.

2 Likes

Complete with magic Redbridge dust. :grinning:

16 Likes
1 Like

I haz da hum.

giphy (11)

The PS needs to be further away - hence the 2m umbilical :+1:

1 Like

Sorted now, I had to make room but shopping got in the way. Sounding very good, I’m quite excited. Need to get the cake tin running now!

4 Likes

OK. Excuse Mr idiot here, but what am I looking at, before I give it a like, just because everybody else has ?

1 Like

The earlier coco san LCR phono, which I just sold to Ritchie.

1 Like

Jim’s cast-off LCR Phono stage, designed and built by Coco san for Matt and is now known as the MWS or NAGAD’s for reasons.

Edit: beat me!

3 Likes

Soz :+1:

1 Like

Alephs in and nicely warming the room

IMG_0353 by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

17 Likes

Lookin great Chris :+1:

Not secondhand or mine, sadly. But due to the incredible generosity of @murrayjohnson I am experiencing the joy of this in my system

I have always wanted to hear the Vida into a Preda and unfortunately we didn’t get chance yesterday despite Guy kindly bringing the Preda. It was @thebiglebowski’s fault, he ran off with Jim’s amps :grinning:. So Guy very generously offered me a loan. Just got it all set up and wow, I will post my thoughts after a proper listen, first impression is,and I don’t know if preamps can be described as sounding fast, that this is a Ferrari. Cheers Guy I think I am really gonna enjoy this lend. Oh and the Rehdekos are singing like I have never heard them before, the rumours must be true.

19 Likes

:heart_eyes:

I have been on the lookout for a 4 channel amp and spotted this on eBay. Hopefully it will become part of a very cost effective OB system

3 Likes

How will that be integrated into the system? Are you going to use it with the raals and mid drivers?

I use an old Rotel six channel for active three ways :+1:

The new amp arrived and after much sweating was manhandled into place and is now playing.
It sounds… different.
The technics was more immediately listenable or maybe my ears had got used to it’s warm muddy sound.
Just have to listen lots to make sure I made the right decision. :grin:

7 Likes

I do plan on trying the Raals with the mids using this four channel amp but the principal reason for buying is to get something simple that to leave on all day for music playing via spotify - With that in mind I have knocked up yet another baffle setup -This time a small one. With luck Chrome cast audio, my mini DSP plus the Yamaha amp will work OK for a two way setup - For safety I might need to put a passive preamp in circuit.

3 Likes