Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

OK Rob, nay worries.

Put the AN-j’s back in and used the Hitachi cable from the LV’s and they sound very different to previously with the cheap belden cable, that may be because I have them much further from the walls but the soundstage is definitely more defined than the LV’s

Gonna have to try the AN’s for a while now before I decide what to sell (or buy next)

Proof if proof were needed that cables make a difference :grin:

2 Likes

Is that because the new cables are so monstrously thick that their limited radius of curvature is what’s pushing the speakers further away from the walls :grin: ?

VB

1 Like

Proof of the power of visual stimulus :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yep I’m off to buy some cryogenically treated silver stuff and cable lifters tomorrow

Nothing would push those speakers, nearly did my back in just shifting the fucking stands.

AN speakers always sound much better away from corners, it’s marketing flim flam saying they sound better in corners.

The only speaker I’ve heard that sounds good in a corner is one of these…

with a super tweeter.

3 Likes

I’ve never had them in the corner despite the advice from AN, to me the bass was horrible like that and just seemed stupid having a rear ported speaker against a wall.

I suspect it is just a case that I got used to the LV’s and the AN’s sound different.

ftfy :grinning:

Bought some more Primare 928 amps, I already have a pair of 928 mono’s, but bought the 928 pre and another pair of powers in great condition.

I can now run the ARC 050 actives will all 4 mono’s :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Thought you might bid on them.:hugs:

The power amps are brilliant, they drove my Quad ESL989’s really well and sounded more valve like than most. I have been after a 928 pre for a while, unfortunately this is one of the ones made without the remote, 50 pre’s with a remote and 60 without I believe. Only 100 pairs of the power amps were ever made, of which only 30 pairs were white / eggshell. I have a pair of the white ones and now a set of black.

This set were an absolute bargain, look at hifishark to see how much is normally asked for a set.

Don’t shipbroker see that gold knob :slight_smile:

Too late…
I now have knob envy.

3 Likes

Presumably that’s pretty familiar to you, eh?

https://cdn.instructables.com/FZ8/QC1F/GYUQTJ9M/FZ8QC1FGYUQTJ9M.MEDIUM.jpg

2 Likes

Steve, If you feel the need to try them and replace the inferior smaller gold knob’s with a larger gold knob for a week, just ask… I can even supply real high foo cabling…:yum:

Just arrived and they are even more beautiful in the flesh, damn the office Christmas party tonight.:disappointed: