Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Given that you will be aiming (I assume) to overwhelm the natural background Schumann field, the required power supplies will be, er, substantial. The background field is driven by the entire world’s lightning activity which amounts to about 50 strikes per second. Each strike releases a large amount of energy (internet numbers vary spectacularly - from as low as 1 megajoule per strike to 5000 megajoules per strike). Most of the lightning energy doesn’t end up in the Schumann field of course. But if even as little as 0.001 megajoules from each strike is powering the field, and if you want to beat that by, say, a factor of only 10 then you will need a 500kW supply.

I imagine the Chinese will be shipping this to you by sea. So it might take a day or two to show up.

VB

4 Likes

Hey Mr. Scalar of Oxford, whats next? Are you going to tell my pyramid doesn’t work? I hope not as me, several Ethnohonkeys and Khufu are going to be quite put out.

OK. I won’t then. I’ve seen that Khufu’s pyramid. I’ll bet his is bigger than yours.

VB

1 Like

It’s true, I’m bound by Mrs MWS limited world view. I bet Khufu didn’t have this problem, even with a harem…Fuck you Khufu

2 Likes

The mockery of the infoodel only makes my Faith stronger, they choose to remain in the outer darkness and are to be pitied - great sound and musical bliss is an act of Free Will.

That, and little triangles of silver foil under one corner of each component.

That too.

1 Like

fidelity_research_fr_64fx_tonearm

One like this (hasn’t arrived yet - can’t wait though). It’s coming without a headshell, but thankfully with its locknut and washer, after I’d persuaded the seller that these items were actually part of the arm, not the deck it came off…

So - what might be a good choice of headshell? I’ll probably stick with my current Cartridge Man moving iron cart for the moment, but have aspirations for a step upwards, most likely MC + SUT, in time. Should I stick with FR, (light or heavy options seem to be available) or look for something else. It’ll be my first arm with a detachable headshell, so I don’t really have a clue…

5 Likes

brilliant , must get to hear some at kegworth

Nice arm. If you’re not worried about staying with FR headshells (they are daft money for some reason) I would consider one of these

1 Like

An alternative would be one of these graphite headshells. I have one and rate it very highly

@Ciderpig sells them

1 Like

The FX has an effective mass of about 20g

Mmmmm, triangle things…

3 Likes

On loan.

4 Likes

Audio Innovations?

That’s what I thought.

Clumsy git has lost the perspex top plate thingies.

Give the man a cigar!

Audio Innovations Second Audio

15Wpc

Driving the LVs very nicely

It is like a veil has been lifted

4 Likes

you need a pair of BP PSUs you do :+1:

very nice things those 2nd audios

You need 3rd Audios :smiley:

now that is just cheating at Top Trumps, surely