Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

biting-knuckles

1 Like

Given the very long wavelength of these waves do you want to let us know when you’re switching the kit on and off ? We should all be able to hear the effects wherever we are (as long as it’s somewhere on this planet). If you power up at, say, 10:30 tomorrow and suddenly everything at Kegworth improves by two notches then we’ll know it’s working.

VB

3 Likes

Yep - I looked at his feedback, checked the later photos of the actual arm, and decided to have a punt (and paid with paypal so as to have some cover should he fail to send). Still had to explain that the nut and washer belonged to the arm, not the deck he was also selling…

I’ll check it over very carefully when it arrives

1 Like

Do you mean to tell me I was miss sold? The website suggested I need x2 for an average sized room. I’m in tatters over here.

Stick one in your car :oncoming_automobile:

I was planning to sit one on my lap whilst napping, If I can rig up a battery I might wear it round my neck like

I already have the mobile pyramid sorted

1 Like

dealer was delayed collecting my harbeth speakers due to sickness , so having been stored for 2 weeks i put them in my loft room with loads of space and using with the naim supernait .

playing a recording of ommadawn which can be slightly hard at times , i am struck by the plucked instruments sounding extremely vibrant and natural . no harshness whatsover , clear , open sound . actually i am rather impressed with them to be fair . sounding 100% better than the ones [ anniversary vesrion] at bristol show with hegal .

those audionote an-j or an-e might just have to wait a bit longer perhaps !!

P1050279 by , on Flickr

P1050280 by , on Flickr

Getting rid of the pile of stuff between the speakers should help things along too. However, I cannot imagine that a Harbeth/SuperNait combination is ever going to be a great match.

1 Like

the naim works an absolute treat , its got tremendous synergy . can`t get rid of that pile as it belongs to the boss of the house !!!

Heaven knows what you’re playing to conclude that a Naim - Harbeth combo sounds anything but utter sterile hifi shite :grimacing:

2 Likes

Maybe, that’s the sound he’s after :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Gentle opinion - it’s the AA way

4 Likes

ha , no i am allergic to sterile hi fi s.h… . having not had a naim amp before i am pleasantly surprised . with the frugalhorn it was incredibly musical and really had a sense of presence

indeed , one can always rely on AA to speak the truth !!!

it’s a short term thing, you’ll soon realise that naim is irritating and shit.

1 Like

,maybe , but its growing on me rather !! if it wasn`t for all that din malarkey i might have tried a pre amp but that really is a slippery slope

Apologies but Naim don’t make amplifiers they make fail boxes. Every example I have had in for tests has proven fruitless. In the lab they simply do not come up to scratch.

For the technically minded, the tests I have performed are as follows.

• Taste test - These things are salty and not in a good way, claggy as fuck too

• Comfort test - Worn as shoes I did feel pretty cunty but they played my bunions up a treat - Pinchy bastards

• Wav Factor - “Does Hasselhoff own these? he’s an idiot”

• Vibe Measurements for Scalar, Schuman & Vector waves were close to nil

5 Likes

Do you know Gizza?

2 Likes

The evidence of the hifi you’ve owned over the last ten years says otherwise :face_with_monocle::laughing:

2 Likes

You need to buy at least three power supplies to hear it at it’s best.

2 Likes