Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

i do know gizza

2 Likes

yes , as i said , naim is a slippery slope !!

Indeed, Naim is the Lurpak of sound

5 Likes

Harsh…

Adjusted for accuracy

I thought that Naim and Harbeth were meant to work together - one is all leading edge, the other all wallow. Two wrongs making half a right, maybe.

That is old Naim if done incorrectly. The new Naim sound abounds with dullness and is limper than a limp thing with brewer’s droop.

Used to quite like naim with neat speakers.
I do remember taking the amps to a bake off and classical being played,they totally fell apart sound wise.

They did suit a lot of music i have,but not all.

After that i’ve tried to buy stuff that can play all music,and doesn’t dictate what you play

2 Likes

Pretty much bang on with what I found. I had a 282/200 combo with all the silly hicaps etc and Neat Elite Sx speakers.

Found myself only playing certain types of music and getting bored of listening very quickly.

I have absolutely no time for Naim now.

Under the dancing orange lamp the Schumann quietly sits. It works! I can’t believe how well it works. It’s little green light contrasts superbly with the mellow orange glow. Tipsy with end game over here

6 Likes
2 Likes

Ankle deep in spunk here . . .

typing hastily before it happens ag… . . . oh my gooooooooooooooood … !!!

scuse me, must to lie down . . . .

4 Likes

This place is astonishing.
I am the grateful beneficiary of another bit of kit on loan. Some of you may have seen and heard this at a number of bake offs.

11 Likes

Wow that looks cool.:sunglasses:

Chelsea Daves?

1 Like

That is the first acknowledgement, i will now give him an encore

Cute! :heart_eyes:

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you avid audiophile, all round good egg and star of the small screen ‘Chelsea Dave’

14 Likes

Cheap new plaything for the second system.

3 Likes

NOS Mullard CV4004s have arrived. Just sitting down for a first listen with them in my phono stage.

First impressions are very good straight out of the box. Lovely liquid midrange. Just wondering if there is much of burn in period and if there is more to come or is this as good as it gets?

1 Like