Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Some more pics of them.

1 Like

I like those a lot Bob - there’s something about that type of speaker I prefer to modern types.

I nabbed a pair of B&W 110i’s a while back for beer money and was totally shocked by how good they are - maybe they just gel with the rst of the system but they’re keepers.

I’ve also got a pair of Sony SS-7200 ULM that I need get stands made for but I could see a pair of those JBL’s arriving in the future. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes yes yes yes yes YES!

Not in my system, but I weally, weally, weally wish it was. This one

advertised on The Place That Shall Not Be Named.

Total overkill for my purposes, and I was / am trying to cut down on stuff, but the Gato kit in general, and this amp in particular, really impressed me at Munich.

@htm_1968 - isn’t this what you run? Or something very similar?

1 Like

Used to. @horace has it not. Absolutely brilliant amp for the money.

It is not what he has not now not? :smile:

Do you mind me asking what you replaced it with? Or indeed, with what you replaced it?

I’m using an Audio Research preamp and some nifty German valve monos that @horace traded to me for the Gato.

1 Like

It is.

I assume that the 400 is basically the same as the 250, only with more juice? For those moments when 250 wpc isn’t quite enough…

The built in DACs are more than decent, too.

1 Like

That is my understanding. I drove my Arts to fairly insane levels with the Gato at half tilt at Scalford at couple of years ago. I’m struggling to imagine when I would need 400 WPC unless my speaker were more insensitive than Jeremy Hunt.

Sonus Faber Extrema, Celestion SL700 need 250w minimum, preferably 400w.

Like the ATC speakers with the Primare, good match.

1 Like

Finally sorted out some speakers… Neat Ultimatum MF9. Not setup yet, just plonked down randomly…

8 Likes

Small and inconspicuous! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The TV is

Do they need a high seating position?

Not really, the front tweeter is roughly head height. Haven’t got them running yet due to chores like pressie wrapping etc, so will be interesting how much toe-in and room from the back walls they need…

Bakeoff soon!

6 Likes

Now they look strangely familiar! :wink:

Got this back on Sunday. Very, very happy to get it back. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Now don’t go and sell it again silly rabbit!