Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Excellent choice. I love those CV4004s have a couple of pairs myself.

Thanks but all the credit goes to @sjs who recommended them. Initial impressions are that they are a good bit nicer than the JJ Tesla ECC83S they replaced.

Who is currently massively relieved that you like them :grin:

2 Likes

Absolutely delighted Simon. You steered me well. Greatly appreciated.

Also thanks @Mrs_Maureen_OPinion for spotting the trio at Langrex. Nice one.

Cheers chaps.

1 Like

Not cheap though. :worried:

Wow! Do I get an Oscar? :sunglasses:

Sadly not. The phono stage is so important that I wanted to push the boat out to see what is possible. Glad I did.

3 Likes

Chuffed to see this has worked-out for you :+1: I used these in my erstwhile Unison Research C5P preamp and loved them, beat all the Chinese foo stuff etc.

Mullard ECC88s also did the trick for current my DAC and power amps - luckily those can be found relatively cheaply as they’re not much used in guitar amps.

1 Like

Put my Triode TRV-845SE back in my system today. I’ve been planning to sell it but I just can’t. I’ll struggle to get something this good again for anywhere near what it cost me.

13 Likes

Don’t sell :+1:

It’s lovely, and heavy.

Incoming…

3 Likes

Paradise phono?

1 Like

When it’s in a case and with a psu :smirk:

it’s a nice looking bit of kit too Ian :+1:

Where did you get the boards? Not many of them knocking about unbuilt now so a good find!
You’ll be having “fun” testing and tolerance matching components before even beginning to think about cases and other such niceties🙄!

1 Like

It’s a complete kit with Calvin’s and the psu is being sorted.
Parts matching sorted… cases ordered.

Foo resisters ordered!

I just got lucky when enquiring about a ready built one that had sold. To someone not far away…

It’s ready to be built to be honest. I’m delegating that bit!

3 Likes

Excellent, I delegated the building of mine also, mainly because I wouldn’t have a clue where to start😏!
I have Charcrofts as loading resistors but fancy trying some Audio Note non-magnetics, maybe even the silvers!

1 Like

I have speccd vishay at just over a hundred quid.
I am not sure the AN come in the right values so I’d be spending a lot to double otherwise.

Two box effort, and the psu should be decent as well. I could build it but I’m a bit clap handed. I have the basic knowledge but it’s too big a risk not to let a veteran do it for me!
Can’t wait.

Ps. Any advice let me know. Thought I am not sure you can add much as it’s just a case of deciding connectors. AN silver RCA suggested. Rest is sorted.

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Want.

Just for high days and holidays when I want to push the boat out.

Can I please join the queue.