Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Jelco 750L

3 Likes

Would that timestep advertised on pink fish work?

4 Likes

Bit mahogany

I’m after more modern or oaky. I think I’m ok for finding a plinth. The arm is my issue as I don’t have any knowledge in that area.

http://www.plinth-design.com

Did I get this from on here?

Talk to Mark about a plinth he will do you a nice one.

3 Likes

They do many shiny colours.

I like the audio note arms.

1 Like

Yep, me too, have the foo wire version on my Acoustic Solid.

Was sold a while ago.

I’m not sure about the timestep one, it says it is a 12" arm but the mounting distance is 1.5cm less than the 12" groovemaster.

Groovemaster II
Audio Origami PU7
Audio Note Arm 2
FR-64x

3 Likes

Best keep my eyes peeled then.

I suspect many enthusiasts have too many spares and the right one will crop up. :smirk:

Had a chat with guy the other day Re the Hama. Perhaps they like more of a medium mass arm ?

Any examples?

I’m not a hana owner. But the gym mkIi / fidelity research arms mentioned are big lumps that may not fully compliment the hana.
(Although they do sit well with the sp10)

Using a bog standard RB250 with mine,seems to like it.

Would of thought one of the AN arms would be a good match

1 Like

Jelco 10" or FR64Fx maybe?

Swings nice with a moerch

Everything swings nice with a Moerch.

2 Likes

150W per channel into 8 ohms (prob about 250 into 4) of fairly neutral amp from the good spell at MF. £600 is a fair bit below your spending limit, get a holiday.

Also, if you are hell bent on spending your money;

1 Like

That Moon amp should be good. The best sound I’ve managed out of my ARTs was using @68rednose’s Audio Research Ref 5SE driving a big Moon pwr amp. 2nd Hand HiFi have been trying to flog the model down for well over a year at £3999

If the W8-RS is under £3K at auction end there is a good chance I’ll try and snaffle it although I would prefer a pure Class A amp from Pass Labs. I suspect it will go for a lot more though.

2 Likes

At £3k it would seem like a no-brainer, always assuming that you’re in the market for a power amp in the first place.

Moon kit: sounds great, looks great, duffs significant ass on the secondary market.

Edit: when I looked at the Moon on eBay, this came up too

1 Like