Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

If an amp only has one input, and I use two (digital rca in straight from the dac, and analogue xlr from the pre)…

How do you sort that without having to use the pre for the other source? Any come with pass through?

No, far from it, but it’s AB…

Quite fancy hearing how a Gryphon Diablo might drive my Boenickes. Don’t see them on the market very often.

What’s the manufacturer that have a pleasure knob or pleasure control (something like that)?

Dartzeel, found them. Quite pricey.

I actually like the look of them :heart_eyes:

Another set of Snell K’s

Best I’ve had so far and this is my 3rd set, much better than the other undoped paper driver ones I have. Just fill the room with stonking good sound, not hifi but fucking good fun.

@murrayjohnson do they look like they’ve been refoamed?

3 Likes

All you need now is a low powered class A amp for them :joy::joy::joy:

I think so but it looks like a tidy job. I’m sure the original foam roll was a little smaller/narrower but all original ones would be rotted by now. they later went to the doped cone with a minor change to the crossover to accomodate the slight loss of sensitivity but i always thought the undoped ones sounded a little better. A good choice given your room constraints.

they are always raving about gryphon on audio shark , i wouldn`t mind hearing one too

Probably not an easy brand to move on if it doesn’t work out though.

This. Any time you see Gryphon on the second-hand market the item is 60% or more off. Even then, they don’t appear to shift. Choice Hi Fi have some impressively ugly kit up for sale for years.

Shut it you, Dickinson does the prices on here :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Ooooh get you! Wearing our butch nipple clamps this morning are we?

:grin:

1 Like

Ass -less leather chaps, makes me feel all manly :cowboy_hat_face:

Did you mean 2nd hand and 60% off rrp, cos isn’t that roughly where most gear ends up?

No, I meant at least 60% off and still not selling so you can probably get it for 70% or more off. Here is a decent example:

Currently at 37.9% of RRP and not shifting in years. Looks like something Darth Vader might commute to work in too.

Fuck knows how much you might lose if you bought that and decided that you needed to shift it on. Would sir be interested at £3K?

for second hand hi end I always aim to pay 33% of rrp but the shifting on point is a good one - less common stuff like gryphon takes ages to move on but everything sells eventually and at the right price

Well there is no fucking chance of spunking £6k on that! £3-4K and you’d have to want to keep it and then expect to wait a good while for it to sell when you wanted to move it on.

Dose heatsinks tho’ :grin:

I’m not ripping my hands to bits trying to get that on a shelf, I don’t care if it does have handles :unamused:

But, but

“Rasmussen’s background in fine arts and industrial design gives every Gryphon product a distinctive, luxuriant finish which arises organically out of the audio circuit design and the user interface for a truly unique integration of form and function.”

2 Likes

Cheapest way to buy Gryphon is to pick up a NAD S300. Same as the Tabu in a normally looking case.

1 Like