Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

That looks triff :heart_eyes:

Looks brutal! Great stuff. What arm did it replace & what’s the plinth? Custom job or Sony’s own?

Today I am mostly loving my Marantz Pm4.

Cheers. I got the deck without an arm but the previous owner had a 310 on it. It’s a Sony ‘Resinamic Sound’ plinth. Brutal is right - 22kg - killed my back getting it into the house.

I always fancied trying a PM4. I’d like to sample its class A loveliness at home. Your Marantz seems to have borrowed the cage lid type styling from my Yamaha M4.

6 Likes

Very nice. If I may ask, what speakers are they?

They’re Tannoy Berkeleys, the later model with K series drivers.

Thanks

I like the kokeshi too.

Hell of an air tonearm

1 Like

Don’t give me ideas.

1 Like

Bought earlier this week from Ian on here. Sounded very nice at my bake off so it would have been rude not to. :grinning:

4 Likes

Picked up the Living Voice OBXR’s today, have been playing around with placement and with a few hours listening they are very impressive. Very tempted to flog the AN’s and go for the OBRW’s if I still like them in a few weeks.

Also listening to the Remton I got from JB and that sounds very good.

4 Likes

Nice one. You have them further apart and further away than I have mine. Wish I had a bigger room.

Today I purchased a chrome cast audio as my iPad which I usually use has been playing up.
Plus my hifi room is on the limit of my router signal. I was sceptical regarding the quality - Anyway it sounds very good indeed and the box behind is in danger of becoming redoundos.

1 Like

I bought one and couldn’t get it to work reliably for the life of me.

From memory my router was/is on a list of routers that it doesn’t really work with.

What I don’t get is all the comments I’ve read about them not doing bass, they’ve got some of the best bass I’ve heard in a speaker, listening to Cream live and the kick drum sounds very realistic.

3 Likes

They do very good bass. Not super low, but what you get is good. I found them easy to place, but some say you have to do this and do that to make them right.
I plan on keeping mine for a long time. They work better than anything else I have had in my room, and go well with my amps. And the y were a bargain.

I like mine but is there a way of getting it to just play the audio part of a selected Youtube item?

The tablet I use only seems to find our normal Chromecast (attached to the TV) when trying to cast Youtube material.

Go into the Cast app and do the equivalent of mirror screen.

I am not able to do that either - Perhaps Adam knows a way to do it?