Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

A good way of removing any temptation for foo capacitors?

The beeswax would smell lovely.

Worth their weight in Gold then :slight_smile:

Incoming…

Just bought this to replace my Moth. Keith Monks discOvery Mini One.

Looks suspiciously like a Technics, perhaps try a Tenuto mat on it.

VTA looks a bit high…

VTA is the least of the issues. I’m going to replace the tonearm. That one sucks…

:unamused:

Does it suck dick?

Does it blow up when wet?

No, but it IS slippery.

Dug out some old friends after selling a pair of speakers.

Acoustic Precision FR1 speakers, fast as fuck.

This arrived today

I bought it ex-dem with less than 5 hours use from Mik at Unique Audio. The plan being to trade in my SME 310.

Here it is mounted on my deck.

Crushing disappointment. I can’t get the Kiseki to set up properly. The Sony is cut for a 10" arm. The Series V is right at the end of its travel and it’s 3mm too far away to get the overhang right. I know others have succeeded in mounting a 9" SME on my deck but obviously not with a Kiseki. I gambled and lost.

Anyway, I’ve decided to turn lemons into lemonade. Mik was very understanding about the issue. He couldn’t have been more helpful and I just decided to buy the arm outright. Really top guy.

The plan is to put the 310 and Kiseki back on the Sony for now. I’m going to buy a new deck to take the Series V and Kiseki. Thinking about an SP10 obviously but other suggestions welcome. Anyone selling a nice clean SP10 please get in touch.

Did you buy the Perreaux from Stuart? Stonking bargain I thought.

Yes I did :slightly_smiling_face:

@SAP7 might have a nice SP10 unit going spare?

Not that I’m playing top trumps today, but I’m looking for any reason why I shouldn’t swap my mono block Cyrus X300 signatures for

A new Perreaux 255i integrated (ex review unit), with the phono and DAC modules included (won’t get used, but may help resale).

Before I commit, any reason not to? Cuts my boxes from four to one and adds power.

Basically any excuse to be rid of Cyrus boxes is good enough for most people :+1:

Seems perfect