Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Just arrived the stuff from Jack, BD carbon headshell, mat and heavy weight, will give them a whirl this evening.

3 Likes

what are you powering them with?

Clones Audio 25irh

1 Like

http://www.sweetvinyl.com/

1 Like

Now with added TVC Pre

6 Likes

Is that my old Doge cd player on the bottom rack?

Could be, who’s asking ?

Only me. I bought that and the Doge 8 Preamp direct from China. They were very nice sounding and sound even better with Clarity Caps.
I also have a modified Doge 9 mono Power Amps which sound great last year.

Don’t they sound as good this year then? :thinking:

Nothing ever does. Which is why there’s so much swapping and faffing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A surprisingly good performance from Shigaraki clone CD transport made it a keeper. Very nicely made by eng. Ferenc Lazar from Serbia, known for a number of SUTs he made upon Tango or Hashimoto transformers. Could be a synergy with Lampizator Amber II I drive with it, I dunno. Certainly the best digital I had in my room and dangerously close to old school sound of idlers with SPU. Now a nightmare going back through the CDs still able to play.

!

9 Likes

I would LOVE to own that (or one of his SUT).

1 Like

They are really incredible vfm or, rather, spp.

Have not used it this year Jim.

As it all looks now -

sounds bloody marvellous :smiley:

10 Likes

Has it made much of a difference?

The amps haven’t been buzzing which was the 1st thing I wanted, (700va torrid’s), but I haven’t had chance to sit and swap.

1 Like

A Naim SNAPS (non DR) to go with my 42/110, so many years since I had one, probably about 1986/7. Waiting for delivery of the 4 pin SNAIC.

It’s been emotional.

When the SNAIC arrives, a Linn Kan Mk1 / Naim 42SNAPS110 / LP12 fest.

4 Likes

New DAC.

Same as my old one, except for -

NOS Telefunken valve,
Polypropylene Caps,
Mundorf Capacitors,

reasons :slight_smile:

There’s sentimentality, and there’s mentality.