Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Just waiting for Simon to finish the SUT and I’ll have the Black on there. Not a bad TT at all, start up acceleration tends to spin the records so popped a weight on it (light one), does the job nicely.

Yep, the Ucellos.

1 Like

I’m currently mucking about with some Royd Coniston R speakers, no bass but amazingly engaging :slight_smile:

Not the kit but the camera…A test run to check the sound quality of the on board Mic.

4 Likes

That looks and sounds fantastic even with the plinky plonk music.

1 Like

Matt sounds good on an iPad, much better than most hifi YouTube vids

I like the plonk plink

1 Like

I like your plinky plonky. What is it?

1 Like

Matthew Halsall & The Gondwana Orchestra - falling water

1 Like

It’s shit. Play some fucking Slayer or something.

3 Likes

I have always wondered what plonky plink or whatever is… Is this the sort of thing that people complain about at hifi shows?

Plinky plonky can be nice. If you want a bad example of plinky plonky go to Munich.

1 Like

Apart form the Silbatone room…

Aye, apart fom the Silbatone room. And when Jack was left in charge of a system.

But mostly mindcrushingly dull, safe, turgid shite. With beer and pork products.

The latter compensates amply for the former

Yes it does. Munich is brilliant. Apart fom the music. But you don’t go there for the music.

That may be problematic, I’m an adult you see.

5 Likes

Erous on a Wednesday only.

Just plugged a Quad 909 in to compare how it drives my Impulses compared to my Leben CS600.

First impressions, hmmm, big midrange and plenty of impact.

Not really a fair comparison yet as having to use a small passive preamp I’ve got lying around until I can eventually get my Graaf 13.5b fixed.

5 Likes

Very nice. Was very pleased with the 77 system I had.

I’ve just acquired a pair of these:

Wasn’t actually planning to do it - a fuckit moment.

They’re great though.

10 Likes