Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Yep - nice bloke is Lionel. I am jealous of that room and everything in it :grin:

1 Like

Try an funk achromat thing, works wonders to open it up a bit and take the over ripe bass away a touch.

1 Like

Is this the beginning of the tweaking? :grin:

1 Like

Yes how to fix a broken turntable in 200 easy and expensive steps :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Really don’t won’t to dick about with it to much,other than the arm,feet,motor,bearing and platter

4 Likes

Indeed. Triggers broom comes to mind :smiley:

3 Likes

That’s the spirit :smiley:

Has worked as Linns business model for 40 years

9 Likes

Now sell it and buy an SP-10. Cheaper than trying to upgrade it. And it is cool.

2 Likes

No it’s not, it’s seriously uncool because you have one :wink:

3 Likes

Meh.

I’m determined to break mine. I think I need an outer clamp for it. And more platter.

2 Likes

With that nice platter you could go belt drive with a nice off board motor, that would really upset folks :joy:

1 Like

I would have thought you’d upset the servo circuitry by lumping a load more weight on it.

Runs fine, the brake doesn’t stop the platter but otherwise no issues. I wonder how much I need to weight it down to ruin the servo. I’ll have dig out the wow and flutter test lp.

It’ll probably keep speed, but you might see an increase in cogging.

It was only designed to have a lightish platter on it.

I may be talking bollocks. Who knows.

The weight will reduce cogging as an effect of the motor poles, inertia and all that, but it should cause the servo to hunt about, under and over shoot and ruin the wow and flutter, but when I put the platter on I did check it and it was no worse so left it.

Once one has finished upgrading a Technics, how many original bits are left?

The motor is about the only bit worth keeping :smiley:

Oh and the pop up light thing, I like that.

1 Like

I see.

Come to think of it, no, I don’t.