Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

I think the upgrading is all part of the fun fo yer 1210 owner. And being part of the in-crowd on aos.

1 Like

Got a 1210? You need a few tins of this :grinning:

8 Likes

When trying to put one of my lovely hats on Rob’s 1200 at a bake off he protested “No it wasn’t designed for one of those, I like it to be how it was originally designed.”

“Yes, shit” I think was the whole rooms response.

With silly platter and a hat, no issues, measures the same as when I got it, which is pretty average although non of the test lps are fantastic, most show up the lathe far more than the turntable unless it is really bad.

1 Like

Done.

1 Like

I’ve never understood the whole doing them up.

If i had the cash i’d get a sp10.

Other than possibly change the arm to my neat,that will be it.

2 Likes

This

1 Like

Surely people don’t spend sp10 money doing them up? £800-1000 on upgrades excluding a tone arm, madness.

Well I guess it’s the interaction with the gear which equals more hobby. I really enjoyed messing about with plinths etc when I had a 301.

People spend more than that on 1210 for some reason.

My SP10 MK2’s cost me £400 each, plus arm and plinth.

Come again? I am suffering with a divide by zero issue caused by the phrase ‘in-crowd on aos’. This floating point error problem is a pain, much like the technics tribe on the arse…

1 Like

£400.00 isn’t exactly going rate, but even at normal prices you would be mad to spend as much on a 1200. I paid about £80 for my 1200, the platter, arm I had around, the rest I 3d printed because I was bored and easily amused.

I’d like an sp10, @Ijrussell is going to sell me his.

1 Like

It’s like buying a Porsche and spending loads to turn it into an Astra.

Just save up,and buy the Astra.

8 Likes

I need a bigger lathe.

1 Like

Sp-10’s can be had for decent money. Spend what you have spare on a plinth. Think mine cost £450 and the slate plinth £150.
New beaing cap gubbinses can be had off of a bloke on Vinylengine for not a lot if you need one.
Just make sure you don’t buy a shit one. But that is the same for owt.

Arm and cart to suit budget. You were going to replace the 1210 arm anyway.

At £450, 1200s are madness. I’ve haven’t seen one for that, but I have only been looking recently, and not very enthusiastically. I need a pair of new sinks for my speakers.

Maybe one day when i have the cash.

Oh it’s so sweet you remembered :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pinched my Dads EPOS Epic 5 speakers for a play while he mucks about with the DM4’s.

They are big black boxes that look like this.

Ed Selley says they are amazing.
I like them, there is is also a hole it the back for poking your tool into, which is handy.

3 Likes